Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Digital Gear Indicator by Harley

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012 | 12:34 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Cool

Originally Posted by 2%er OG
If given the choice on the 2012 models of either the gear light or air temp to fill the hole, then yes the gear light. The only time it would be of any use to me is to confirm yes that was a third gear take off.

Only thing is it might be off when clutch is pulled in, Or at least that how i read it?

Old 01-14-2012 | 12:40 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member

Originally Posted by shooter5074
Mine was free ...... it's one of those things that happen when your wife is Christmas shopping, and doesn't ask if you want one.

Do I like it? Yes dear

It works OK..... I have the switch console on the left bar with my garage door opener button, so the gear indicator balances it out.

Is it worth 200 bucks, and would I have bought it for myself? No, and probably not.

Looking to add it to my wife's 08 Fat Bob, she is a new rider and i thought it would help? and its $250 in Canada Eh!
So looking for feedback from a "i have it installed and hate/love it" rider

Old 01-14-2012 | 12:46 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by phantomxrt
Do you think it's worth it?
No and even if it was 1/2 that price, it would still be completely useless, IMO.
I am perfectly fine with Neutral and 6th gear indicator. The rest of the gears, I couldn't care less to know.

Old 02-08-2012 | 05:50 PM
jbkrab
Tourer

I recently added this gear indicator to my bike. I wouldn't say it is completely worthless, but it did come in handy a few times. It is definitely NOT WORTH the cost in my opinion. Neat little gadget but I am somewhat anti-climatic about it. It will do what it is intended to do, and I thought it would be nice to have especially in heavier traffic situations when I get confused as to what gear I'm in sometimes (old age issue). I haven't used it in that way yet, but for general usage I would recommend people save their money for some other piece of bling to make their rides more enjoyable. Installation was fast and easy so from that perspective it was great! It would have been nice if it came with a secondary switch to be used as one needs.

Old 02-08-2012 | 06:28 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

sounds like a terrific deal to me (no need for your tach then).

Old 02-08-2012 | 06:56 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member

Some funny *** responses in here

Old 04-30-2012 | 03:29 PM
jbkrab
Tourer

Originally Posted by jbkrab
I recently added this gear indicator to my bike. I wouldn't say it is completely worthless, but it did come in handy a few times. It is definitely NOT WORTH the cost in my opinion. Neat little gadget but I am somewhat anti-climatic about it. It will do what it is intended to do, and I thought it would be nice to have especially in heavier traffic situations when I get confused as to what gear I'm in sometimes (old age issue). I haven't used it in that way yet, but for general usage I would recommend people save their money for some other piece of bling to make their rides more enjoyable. Installation was fast and easy so from that perspective it was great! It would have been nice if it came with a secondary switch to be used as one needs.
Now that I have ridden a couple of thousand miles with this gear indicator on my bike, I still stand behind what I originally wrote. Nice to have, but better to spend my money on something else. But since I have already spent my money on this gadget, I will say that I do use it more than I thought I would. It is nice to know which gear I am in because sometimes I loose count (anything above two and I'm Lost ). I wish the indicator was in the center of the console like the "N" & "6" indicator is so my eyes can be back on the road faster, but I can live with the distraction if you want to call it that. I would say to those on the fence about buying this device that if you really want it because you think it's something you would use, get it. Otherwise save your money for something that will make your riding more enjoyable.

Old 04-30-2012 | 03:36 PM
Jeffs386
Road Captain

not a bad idea but I know for sure my buddies would laugh their *** off at me if I installed one.........

Old 05-01-2012 | 01:26 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior

smh save your cash for something else

Old 05-01-2012 | 01:34 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member

The power vision tuner has a gear indicater will tell you what gear your in only works with clutch out.

Quick Reply: Digital Gear Indicator by Harley