Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30" Wheels On Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:40 PM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

I love the custom baggers, the 30" wheels are not for me, but you gotta admit that those bike are frickin cool looking. It all boils down to personal prefference on what you want and what you like, plus how much money you are willing to spend to get it!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by hougz79
What a bunch of b!tches. These are show bikes for chrissakes. These are showbikes and yes, probably won't see a lot their owners doing cross country rides on their 30" wheels. For those that can afford those bikes, I'm sure they have a few others they could chose to ride for when they want to log some miles.

Most of these should be looked at as works of art. These are the builder's or owner's rendition of their artistic tastes applied to a motorcycle. Not saying it's my taste either, but some people like them. Hell, some people like Pabst Blue Ribbon but I'm not judging.

And since it is art, it's going to get polarizing views. No big deal, you either like it or you don't. Move on and complain about something else. Someone thinks it's pretty damn sick and paid a crap ton of money for it.
+1 Hit the nail on the head.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:46 PM
vrog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I needed a good laugh today so i figured i would come back and read some of this.

Is this a trend? Yes of course it is! However, I'm willing to bet that these baggers will far outlast the chopper craze. 240 rear tire chopper got popular in what, 2000-2001? I bought one in 2003 and had fun with it. The bagger craze really started getting popular in the "trend world" in 2006. before you knew it everyone had to have a 21" wheel. then 2 years later a 23" was the hot thing. Then a year later 26", then a coupe years later a 30". I think it will stop at the 30" because its border line funny looking if not done properly. Plus the wheel starts getting very heavy.

This trend will far outlive the chopper craze because these bikes are just as practical as a bagger with a 19" or 21" wheel.

Some of these comments " see you in the corners, they dont handle etc etc " are just ignorant. Don't knock it until you tried it.

Whats funny is, you wont see me in the corner....... as a matter of fact you wont see much of me once i twist the throttle on my 200+rwhp Procharged 120r street glide. Its a shame because i can go through the twisties just fine but you wont be able to catch up to see. oh well........... Carry on so I have something fun to read before i go to bed!

Old 02-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Chad263
Cruiser

I'm with vrog. I have a 30 yes which most of you think is dumb and you all think you can outride anyone that has a big wheel bike 26 or 30. Like vrog said try keeping up to his bike or my bike both are pushing over 200 horse at the rear wheel. a 26 turns as good if not better than a stock bike you all judge but have never even rode one. I didnt built my 30 for resale value I dont care if I cant sell it for 80 grand or 10 grand I built it because its what Im into and what I like. I really hope some of you are in Daytona and I meet you so we can go for a ride you will all think a lot differently

Old 02-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Eric Moore
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad263
I'm with vrog. I have a 30 yes which most of you think is dumb and you all think you can outride anyone that has a big wheel bike 26 or 30. Like vrog said try keeping up to his bike or my bike both are pushing over 200 horse at the rear wheel. a 26 turns as good if not better than a stock bike you all judge but have never even rode one. I didnt built my 30 for resale value I dont care if I cant sell it for 80 grand or 10 grand I built it because its what Im into and what I like. I really hope some of you are in Daytona and I meet you so we can go for a ride you will all think a lot differently

I agree... I get the same additude from others about my chopper with a 300 rear tire..all I can say to the na sayers is you better get your big boy britches on to keep up.... I like the big wheel set up...

Old 02-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Gary H
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slothy
few things a baggers has over a choppers - places to hold **** and comfortable...

And a lot of canvas to work with! I like the big wheels. I like choppers. But, as far as me, I'm all about comfort. Maybe 20 years ago, the uncomfortable nature of choppers would have appealed to me more than baggers, but not anymore. I've got a 23" on my bike but only have the front end raked 4 or 5 degrees with the trike trees, and anyone that tells me that I'm afraid to take it on the road had better think again. My bike handles BETTER than stock IMHO! The only negative mine has going is that the tire itself is not readily available should I have a blow out.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Bagged64
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gogogadgetbiker
Actually most of them have Bad-*** trucks...

Let's see a pic of your ride hot shot???
That is his car!

Old 02-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Bagged64
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by coz300
Heres my Bad- *** truck

Two of My Bikes
Those tires are too big. I hate trucks with big tires. WAAAAAAH!

Who can say whos's a poser around here and then again who cares go ride and quit worrying and talking crap about someone elses bilke unless you've ridden it yourself. Just because you have no style don't take it out on everyone else. Does it make me a real biker because I ride mine over 100 miles a day to work 6 times a week. Who FN cares.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
thecort
Road Captain

Wow! I can't believe there are so many haters here! If you don't like it or agree with it, then get over it! With 2,000, 4,000, 6,000 plus posts how much riding do you actually do? Just asking lol

Boys will be boys & screw around with their toys.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:00 PM
fabes
Intermediate

Like some have already stated "to each their own". I have never seen so many people that are ignorant and jealous in one room. I have a 26" on my RG that has been properly cut, raked and stretched. My trail numbers are just about the same as stock, if not better. I will put money on it that my bike rides better then a stock bike. People say big wheels are just for show bikes? I know a group of guys that road their bikes from Chicago all the way to Sturgis last year, through the rain and hail storms. They were also riding the mountains and riding through the muddy fields. Matter of a fact, you can open this months American Bagger and see one of them riding in Sturgis on their RG with a 26" front wheel.