Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm ALMOST Convinced...PowerVision

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I'm ALMOST Convinced...PowerVision

Got a chance to look this product over at the V-Twin Expo on Saturday.
Also went to their afternoon seminar.

This product is pretty trick.

The only thing I don't care for about this product...as of right NOW, it's not waterproof.
So if you want to mount this to your bars, you were just forewarned.

They're also working on a Quick Detach setup.
The current setup makes it too easy for someone to lift.

If you have a PCV...this PV can be piggybacked to it without "marrying" your bike.
What makes this good; say you have a PCV, your buddy buys a PV, before he marries it, you could borrow it, run it, make settings, save to your PCV, then give his PV back to him.

Another feature; the PV has been set at 6200 RPM limit.
If you want to change this, you'll need to contact them for a code to unlock the feature so you can change your limits.
(I think 6200 was the number, I cant recall for certain, but the RPM's are definitely locked out)

In my opinion, the PowerVision might be the best thing out there.
We have 2 coming, ordered at a V-Twin Expo special price.

DISCLAIMER: I went to the V-Twin Expo. This is my OPINION based on my learnings while there. I am NOT promoting any of these products. I don't care which tuner any of you buy!

Last edited by BadPiggy; 02-06-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:13 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,227 Likes on 1,842 Posts

Treading on thin ice, you might find this thread locked for promoting products! hahaha

Old 02-06-2011, 06:16 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dawg
Treading on thin ice, you might find this thread locked for promoting products! hahaha
LOL dawg!
That didn't cross my mind.

Perhaps I should include a disclaimer?

Old 02-06-2011, 06:32 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
Got a chance to look this product over at the V-Twin Expo on Saturday. Also went to their afternoon seminar. This product is pretty trick.
Wish I could've been there, but I did give the manual a going-over last night. I see promise, enough possibly for me to move to it from the PCV-AT, but I'm not quite ready to push the "go" button just yet. I agree it may currently be the best tuner on the market.

The only thing I don't care for about this product...as of right NOW, it's not waterproof. So if you want to mount this to your bars, you were just forewarned.
How about carrying a small Ziploc bag with you? Then before you put your rain-suit on you slip it over the LCD display. Anyway, I thought the display unit was water-resistant. Also, it wouldn't be hard for them to include a small waterproof cover for it, one you could pop on and off easily. Or, just find one for a cell phone about the same size.

They're also working on a Quick Detach setup. The current setup makes it too easy for someone to lift.
That would be better yet, as you don't need the display attached for PV to work. You just can't make adjustments or receive any visible feedback.

In my opinion, the PowerVision might be the best thing out there. We have 2 coming, ordered at a V-Twin Expo special price.
Looks like a winner, but will it make my bike run better than the PCV-AT? I doubt it, but I like the ability to use the AT's WB O2 sensors to log data and apply it to the ECM, although I don't think that feature has been enabled just yet. That way you have the next-best thing to closed-loop. What it will do now is transfer a PCV map to the ECM. I also like the gas-mileage display function, as well as the ability to adjust the speedometer error.

What I don't like is that my map switch will not work with PV, and although you can store many maps on the unit you'll need to stop and switch the engine off before changing from one to another. That may not be a major hurdle for me in making my decision, but I do like the switch function on the PCV.

Last edited by iclick; 02-06-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:36 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
LOL dawg! That didn't cross my mind. Perhaps I should include a disclaimer?
I think you can promote products in which you have no business interest.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:38 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,227 Likes on 1,842 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I think you can promote products in which you have no business interest.
Yeah, it was more of an inside joke about a conversation he and I had.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

I don't know. The TTS with new MT8 calibrations that allow you to adjust cam timing events might just keep it on top.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,993 Likes on 4,982 Posts

revolution performance EMS all self tuning, fantastic results, easiest to work with, bike runs perfect first time. unless you like playing around for hours thinking you finding the mother lode for tuning, or paying for dyno time, then your good

Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
revolution performance EMS all self tuning, fantastic results, easiest to work with, bike runs perfect first time. unless you like playing around for hours thinking you finding the mother lode for tuning, or paying for dyno time, then your good
Right-O!
No need playing around for hours when you can remove your ECM and mail it in for days!
Right?

Not to mention Powervision $550 vs. RevPerf $800.
Nevermind that the Powervision doesn't have to be put on a dyno.

Your points are WELL taken!
LOL

Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,993 Likes on 4,982 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
I don't know. The TTS with new MT8 calibrations that allow you to adjust cam timing events might just keep it on top.
how are they adjusting cam timing? looked on their site no info. this can't be done electronicly unless you have some type of variable cam timing devise, which is a mechanical advance unit controlled electrically

Quick Reply: I'm ALMOST Convinced...PowerVision