Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power comander Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
jmcd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power comander Autotune

I had reset my target AFR values in the auto tune,, well i thought i did ,, I went for a ride to see what it was doing when i got back home I checked it and I found out it did not change it to my new settings, it went back to the old setting , ok so when one changes the target AFR values in the auto tune then how does one save it .
thanks

Old 02-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

pm ICLICK, he's the master with pvc & autotune!! I had one but he's forgot more than I ever knew!!!!

Old 02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

First, make sure you have firmware v0.1.4.0 on the PCV and PCV software v1.0.3.3 on your computer. Some older versions of the software would not save changes properly. To change any setting like target AFR's, follow this procedure after connecting your PCV to the computer via USB and launching the program:

1. Click on "Get Map" on the bottom-left of the main window to load the map and settings from the PCV to the software. It should already be loaded when the program is launched, but this auto-load feature can be switched off.

2. Click on the Target AFR table for each cylinder and make your changes.

3. Click on "Send Map." This sends the map including changes to the PCV. If you don't do this the PCV will not get the changes.

4. Click on "Save Map" if you want to save it to a file on your computer. I save all previous map variations, before and after changes, just in case I want to revert to or reference one of them in the future.

If it still won't save the changes we may need to flag-down Jamie for help.

Last edited by iclick; 02-06-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

didn't I tell ya!! He'll get you sorted out!

Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Denver_Rick
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC-V w/ autotune

I plan to make some mods to my 08 ultra, I have the Fuel moto PC-V for the 08 will it be able to adjust automatically for cam changes and a 103 kit or do I need a new base line dyno run after the changes?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:58 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Denver_Rick
I plan to make some mods to my 08 ultra, I have the Fuel moto PC-V for the 08 will it be able to adjust automatically for cam changes and a 103 kit or do I need a new base line dyno run after the changes?
It will adjust AFRs automatically (auto-tune) if you have the AT-100 kit installed. AT will not adjust ignition advance, so it would be best to get a close map from FM and apply it after a cam upgrade and before starting the AT process. OTOH, if your 103 upgrades are not unusual FM will likely have a map for it already, so you could save the money on AT by just having FM send you the new map. By "unusual" I mean a combo (cams, headwork, etc.) that goes outside the mainstream where no specific map is present in the FM database. For example, a 103 with 255 or 555 cams and no special headwork would be a mainstream setup and FM would have maps available.

To me the advantages of AT include the ability of making changes for unusual builds or frequent changes that go outside FM's map database. It is also good for incorrigible tweakers like me who like to experiment with various AFR and other values to maximize gas mileage, etc. If this sounds like your cup of tea I would recommend AT, but I think most riders can do very well with just a PCV and a good map from FM. My 2¢.