Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ Black Ops Lifters

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you set them at 3-1/4, do not readjust. They are supposed to bleed down after adjustment and should easily turn in your fingers after bleeding down. If you have them right, just atrat it and run, then make any adjustments later if you do have one that is ticking.

The black ops do look similar to staock, it is what is inside that counts, tighter tolerances on the plunger, etc.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:41 PM
HDThunder
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalton
Without looking, I believe that they are 32 threads per in. The instructions withthe HQ adjustable will tell you to adjust from zero lash 3 - 4 full turns which will give you approx .094 to .125 preload. I would start right in the middle at 3-1/2 turns which will give you about .109 preload. That is fine for a starting point and then you can go either way if you do have one that presents a little noise.
Cool... thanks for the tips. I was thinking 32tpi as well but I'll double check. Somewhere hiding in my tool box I've got a thread gauge. Funny I was actually thinking I might start with .110 preload for no particular reason other than it's just over half way down.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I got 'em!

Originally Posted by Noble Jim
I have had a few riders recommend Black Ops lifters. I will place an order next week unless some negative opinions surface. If you know of any reason that I should not buy them, please advise.
I now have Black Ops and SE adjustable pushrods. One problem, they're still in the packaging. I'm to busy now in the shop to get to it. Got to get it done before time to head out to Panama City. Any recommendations? Hints? Advice?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:57 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalton
If you set them at 3-1/4, do not readjust......
yes currect. I just figured id try them out first nice and deep into the adjustment just cause?

well tomorrow morning im finishing the back and hitin the start button.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

ok got it done and started it up and I am VERY impressed so far.

much much better!

Can't believe the harley b lifters sucked so bad!!!.whats up with that???brand new and all.They were not defective when I took them out as far as I could see. waist of 83 bucks,lesson learned! why didnt anyone online tell me while i was planning my build last summer? I searched alot too..

I could have lived with the tick,love the bigger style cams(se 259e) I ride high rpms on the highway 75% of the time.so would have excepted the trade off.

now I hear another sound not shure what it is....OOH WAIT... its the true duals

lol

Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

just got back from a longer ride and lifters sound like a swiss watch.no louder then stock.