Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For All My Touring Buddies Stuck In The Snow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:26 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We just got another imprompteau 5" yesterday, and i was out driving around in most of it. This blows.

Even worse, my RK is in storage at a friend's place, I haven't even seen it since the end of November. I have a Corbin classic solo/pilion/backrest, a guardian bell, and docking point covers I want to throw on it in the worst way.

Come on spring...

Old 02-06-2011, 08:37 AM
RoadWhipper
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the same pipes, so it was great to hear your bike! -12C here today, although we're getting more chinooks (like the Santa Ana winds) that warm things up, so will be 45F at the end of this week. Can't ride due to the sand and wet on the roads, but spring is coming....

Thanks for the reminder!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:00 AM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Fishtails !!

Thank you for the perfectly timed Video!! My V&H Fishtails are in the mail along with a new AC and Fueler. Also reminds me of the last time I was in San Diego. I remember our perfect day is their everyday. SC

Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 AM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's official El Rey, you are a passive aggressive cyber bully! The only thing I have to look forward to today is the Packers crushing the Steelers. Go Pack!!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:17 AM
SugsPa
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 56 Posts

Fired up my ride and rode the 31 miles into work this morning. It was a balmy 28 degrees F. The cold is not going to keep me off of it, however; ice and snow causes it to have a mind of its own and I will leave it in the garage. And by the way, I do love San Diego. Spent many, many nights and weeks in Lemon Grove.

SugsPa

Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,757 Likes on 19,298 Posts

Originally Posted by El Rey
It was cold this morning here in San Diego, about 58 degrees when I fired up the Hog for a ride up the Coast with my buddy. Here are some sounds to keep you warm!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrLHCrOtwSE
Just what I needed --- another smart *** making everyone else feel real bad about where they're livin' --- well it worked! Send me real estate classifieds from sunny southern California -- by the way you can hand deliver them if you want to -- I have another snow shovel that you can use when you get here to southeast Michigan.
P.S. I hope you get a sunburn !!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaffeekid
Hey Jeff, Nice! and I noticed the license plate frame also, have one just like it on my bike, under covers in the shed.
You wouldn't be a Drill Instructor would you
No, Master Guns, I wasn't. I only did my four and left. I got out as a Corporal. Wish I stayed in, but have plenty of brothers who did.

Originally Posted by RoadWhipper
We have the same pipes, so it was great to hear your bike! -12C here today, although we're getting more chinooks (like the Santa Ana winds) that warm things up, so will be 45F at the end of this week. Can't ride due to the sand and wet on the roads, but spring is coming....

Thanks for the reminder!
I know about those Chinooks, I'm originally from back East.

Hey, talk about bold riders guys, I saw dudes in Salt Lake City the other week riding and it was no ****, 14 degrees!

Hope the snow melts soon for all ya'll.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I couldn't take it anymore, after fixing my snowblower (apparently the exhaust fell off last time it was used...) and taking care of the driveway again, I broke out one of the dirt bikes. Bet you fairweather guys wish you could ride around in these awesome conditions.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:50 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

my neighbor just took off on his softail it's 50 in ATL, he looked like he was in AK.

I'll be hitting the streets in about a hour with boots and a sweatshirt.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Roadman56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Thanks for the thought. The only handle bar time I get is behind the blower. What is that green stuff off the right side of your drive?

Quick Reply: For All My Touring Buddies Stuck In The Snow!