Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all Pro Pipe Chome Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 PM
jbleim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Pro Pipe Chome Owners

The Pro Pipe Chome (newest revision - not the Pro Pipe BP, HS, HO) is on my very short list of new exhaust systems. I know some forum members have this pipe installed. I'm wanting to hear your feed back now that you've been running it for a while. I have V&H oval slipons now (the old traditional ovals) and the mufflers and I'm looking for a deeper sound.

The ovals are just loud enough for me. I'm not certain I'd want much louder that what they provide. For those of you that have been running the Pro Pipe Chrome for a while, how loud is the pipe? Will it be similar to my oval slipons or will it most likely be louder when cruising?

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
JB

Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
jbleim
Advanced

Bump - anyone with some feedback?

Old 02-06-2011, 06:06 PM
slyder
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put one on last month. Havent gotten to ride as of yet because of snow. Sounds really good. Not any louder than my true duals with Rush mufflers.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:52 PM
big6x6
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it's loud no doubt about it. Forget the quiet baffle...sounds stupid and decreases performance. Louder during acceleration. Sounds downright wicked after 103/Stage III. I can practically guarantee your ears will be ringing after a 200 mile plus ride. BUT...every time I drive up folks want their bike to sound like mine......and excellent performance....and no 2 into 1 looks better...

Guess I'm gonna get some ear plugs!

Last edited by big6x6; 02-06-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced

Absolutly great exhaust. Nice and grumpy sounding when you want it to be, but also nice and mellow when it should be. Hear the radio great on the interstate and wake up the block if you want to. Wouldnt want any other exhaust.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm really glad i chose my chrome pro pipe. after several meetings with the shop manager, the tuner, and the guy in the shop doing the build of my stage III+ we all came to the same conclusion. with the cams, compression, and other goodies, the pro pipe was the best choice for the motor we were putting together for my bike. we threw several choices into the hat, d&d fatcat, thunderheader, and a couple of others. the fatcat sticks out in to the ankle area more than the pro pipe, but is a great pipe. the thunderheader performs great, although is too loud for my tastes and the tomato can welded on the back end with exhaust residue all over it made it a no-go. the chrome quality, the welds, the sound, and the ability to tune the pipe all of us agreed was the right choice. the pro pipe with the quiet baffle works fine, and it allows you to adjust the sound output depending on the hole size you decide to drill into the baffle for the desired results. we did it during the dyno testing and came up with the proper flow characteristics and sound. 1/2" hole in the center plate of the baffle worked out to be the best size for my tune. hope this helps. to do it again, i'd go with the new style stepped pro pipe/chrome, exactly like i have now. it's also stereo friendly, and quiet enough to drive around town without attracting attention, as long as you don't get too crazy with the throttle.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:23 PM
PNSHVL
Tourer

I've had mine on for 3 months now and love it. Seemed a bit loud at first but after running the stock set up since new anything would. I have had other people comment it sounds awesome when I pull up.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all Pro Pipe Chome Owners-harley-upgrades-002.jpg   Calling all Pro Pipe Chome Owners-road-glide-dec.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:54 AM
jbleim
Advanced

Thanks for your first hand experiences. That's what I love about this forum. It sounds like the pipe is mellow enough as long as you're not crazy with the throttle, just like most systems. I really love the looks of the Pro Pipe Chrome. I have a PCIII and stage 1 SE AC right now, but have talked with Fuel Moto about adding TW-555's and a dyno tune this spring.

I like to ride longer distances. It's not uncommon for me to do 200-300 miles a day on weekends and I just don't want something that's going to give me a splitting headache. I do wear ear plugs (Big Ear) so that helps.

JB

Old 02-07-2011, 08:07 AM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

I have it on my '10 Street Glide. Have had many positive comments on sound and I love the looks of it. Have had mine on since June and the quality of the chrome is excellent. Not real loud at idle and low throttle, but when you open the throttle, it sounds wicked.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:33 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by jbleim
I like to ride longer distances. It's not uncommon for me to do 200-300 miles a day on weekends and I just don't want something that's going to give me a splitting headache. I do wear ear plugs (Big Ear) so that helps.

JB
I was worried for you until you said you wear Ear plugs. This pipe looks and sounds awesome but right around 3K RPM it will get kinda loud and will drone, just not badly like a D&D Fatcat. With ear plugs...not a big deal.

What I'm saying is I use this pipe now. After an hour on the highway at 75-80 I have to put my ear plugs in.

lp

Quick Reply: Calling all Pro Pipe Chome Owners