Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheeldock center stand

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Imagepix
I have it on my Ultra and it works great for me. I use it when I park it in the garage or fueling and I always put my side stand down first. Yes I did drop it once when putting it on the center stand I just did not have it center. In some twisty I did scrape it once but I was riding fairly aggressive on my way to Big Bear via the back side of the mountain.
ALWAYS put the stand down FIRST! Came in from a nice & long ride the other night and went to put the stand up while on the bike and FORGOT to put the side stand down first. It came down so fast on me that it trapped my left foot under the bike (down on the left side)... I tried for 10 minutes to get my left foot out while my arm pit was wedged on top of a rubber trash can (kept my head from hitting the concrete in the garage)... Finally decided to pull my right leg over the tank, put it on the floor and got enough leverage to raise the bike enough to get my foot out. Nothing hurt BUT my feelings! Squatted down, raised it up, then put the kick stand down... Dusted myself off and put it back on the center stand WITH THE KICK STAND DOWN FIRST like I should have done the first time. Like it says below, "Experience is a Hard teacher..." Lesson learned!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:09 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by dnitram
ALWAYS put the stand down FIRST! Came in from a nice & long ride the other night and went to put the stand up while on the bike and FORGOT to put the side stand down first. It came down so fast on me that it trapped my left foot under the bike (down on the left side)... I tried for 10 minutes to get my left foot out while my arm pit was wedged on top of a rubber trash can (kept my head from hitting the concrete in the garage)... Finally decided to pull my right leg over the tank, put it on the floor and got enough leverage to raise the bike enough to get my foot out. Nothing hurt BUT my feelings! Squatted down, raised it up, then put the kick stand down... Dusted myself off and put it back on the center stand WITH THE KICK STAND DOWN FIRST like I should have done the first time. Like it says below, "Experience is a Hard teacher..." Lesson learned!
Let me second this. I went to put the bike on the center stand with my wife on the back; didn't quite have it down and off we went. No damage/injury but had I had the side stand down we wouldn't have gone over at all. Gotta be careful. This was just me not paying as much attention as I should have; sometimes you get complacent and that's when "**** happens"

Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 PM
UltraDune
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had one on my '09 FLHTCU. Only time she scraped was two up and leaned over pretty good. Traded bike and put on my new '11 FLTRX...now she scrapes all the time riding solo. The lowered suspension is the culprit. As well, lowered rear end = higher when on the stand and is not really ride off now...rear tire is off the ground. Just have to rock the heck out of it. Otherwise good product.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Stand is available for lowered bikes.
The scraping part shouldn't happen on perfectly smoothe roads but will happen on uneven roads and speed bumps more often on a lowered bike.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I usually don't read about something I don't own or intend to purchase. But when I saw this, I had to read this thread about the wheeldock Center stand. One thing I didn't see was a HD center stand owner telling the Wheeldock owner to take it off and get the HD one.

But when there is a thread about the HD centerstand, (Yes, I have one on my '09 Road Glide) there is at least one if not more posts that say everyone should junk the HD stand and buy a Wheeldock.

I just wonder why?? Envy?
There are always different products for different people. If you like one product, great. If you don't have anything positive to say, keep it to yourself, IMO.

This is not knocking anyone that has posted here. I am talking about those that go to a thread that is talking about how much they like the HD stand. Someone always comes and tells the HD stand owner how dumb they were to get the HD stand and to now do the smart (in their opinion) thing and buy a wheeldock.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 08-09-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:41 AM
dnitram
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
I usually don't read about something I don't own or intend to purchase. But when I saw this, I had to read this thread about the wheeldock Center stand. One thing I didn't see was a HD center stand owner telling the Wheeldock owner to take it off and get the HD one.

But when there is a thread about the HD centerstand, (Yes, I have one on my '09 Road Glide) there is at least one if not more posts that say everyone should junk the HD stand and buy a Wheeldock.

I just wonder why?? Envy?
There are always different products for different people. If you like one product, great. If you don't have anything positive to say, keep it to yourself, IMO.
Don't think I'm knocking EZ-UP 'cause I'm NOT, I'd buy it again in a heart beat. That would be like blasting HD for the bike turning over, etc. It's usually OPERATOR ERROR, as in my case. It really all gets down to personal preference and individuals and their needs vary. That's why they make Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Ice Cream (plus a LOT more)!

Attached Thumbnails wheeldock center stand-variety-for-all.jpg  
Old 08-10-2011, 12:35 AM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Doing it your way, does the bike come up level? Can't see how since the stand adds several inches to the bottom of the bike frame. If not, I may give it a try.
Just saw this post again...sorry.....the bike comes up level (or very close) since the stand doesn't add too much as long as you put the bolt between the pads on the pitbull jack

Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by vistavette
Let me second this. I went to put the bike on the center stand with my wife on the back; didn't quite have it down and off we went. No damage/injury but had I had the side stand down we wouldn't have gone over at all. Gotta be careful. This was just me not paying as much attention as I should have; sometimes you get complacent and that's when "**** happens"
EZUp instructions state clearly that you shouldn't try to lift the bike on the stand while the passenger is on the bike while it's ok to do the opposite!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:00 AM
spider2
Tourer

Great product. I had one on my Ultra.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:34 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am sold simply because the woman can mount without me on it first and I can ride off it. Thanks for the post.

Quick Reply: wheeldock center stand