Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FCKNG Brake Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:11 PM
DeathWind
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FCKNG Brake Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Has anyone else installed the Auxiliary Brake Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit - # 69462-06
and notice a problem with it?

I've had it installed on an 06 Road Glide, with the Kuryakyn red Deep Dish Bezels, for about 2 months. While washing the bike today I noticed that the rear bezels were pretty loose. I pulled it off to see if I could adjust it to tightened it up. Thats when I noticed that the fckng bulbs were melting the bezel lens on the inside. I've pulled the bezels and installed the red lens that came with the kit, but was wondering if they'll melt over time.

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed a problem with this kit? I guess the earlier kits only lit the turn signal bulbs when the brakes or signal was applied. The new kit has the bulbs lit constantly.

I'll check in week or so and see if there are any problems...if so I'm switching to the Kuryakyn Panacea kit and signals like I had on my FXD.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:21 PM
PrplRdKing
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FCKNG Brake Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit

I think I have the same kit as you. It's the module that comes with red covers? I put blackout covers on and have noticed that they are getting little circles in them. I think if you let the bike sit too long with the lights on that they really heat up. I'm thinking of going LED in the hopes that they are not as hot. I'm not a big fan of the lights staying as running lights , I'd rather have them light up brakes only.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with not having the running lights. I think they are dangerous, I was following a guy in a PGR ride once and with the sun at his back you couldn't tell the difference between the running and brake lights. I locked the brakes up twice and slid up behind him and after that dropped back in formation to get away from him.

I have the Kuryakyn LED turn signals and have them come on as brake lights only, and of course LED's do not heat up so no worry of melting anything.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:35 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I had that kit as well, and it is very dangerous. Very little difference between running and brake lights.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:46 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

DON'T agree, have had the kit for 8 months, NO issues at all, and there IS a noticeable difference between running and brake functions. I also have the bottom tribar wired to work as a brake light ONLY!

Old 10-05-2006, 11:59 PM
tsglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's why I searched high and low for the old kit. With the old kit where the signals only work as brakelights and the tribars rewired for brakelights, there's little doubt when I'm stopping.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:59 PM
billk
Road Master

Good fngn luck.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:18 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

Maybe it's just me, but when you do your Light check before a ride, your 'running light - turn signal/brake' doesn't change in intensity?
Who installed the kit? Maybe there is a wire crossed. My conversion is by Kuryakyn and TRu Sphere, but there is a distinctive difference in the running and turn signal/brake.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:06 AM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I must have the old set up becuse don't have any running lights in the turn signals, just brake lights. So I don't have any problems with mine at all.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:20 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Bountyhunter, try riding behind your bike and you will see what were talking about. A buddy of mine had the same kit as me and I kept trying to run into him all the time. We yanked them out and got the panaccea kit which is the same style as the older HD kit(brake turn). The trouble with the new style kits is the running lights on the signals are brighter than the rest of the taillights on the bike, particularily noticable on the ultra. The problem is they are using 9 volts for running lights and 12 volts when you have brakes and or signals on, makes for poor contrast. My dealer pulled all the new style kits off the shelf after many complaints, and figured there would be a recall on them for safety reasons.

Quick Reply: FCKNG Brake Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit