Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet Wheels & Cush Drive Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:12 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i painted mine gloss black, but taped off the cush part of it.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 AM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm....I thought long & hard before I even laid down the cabbage for a rear wheel you can barely see, almost had my stock wheel chromed to (kind of) match the new front. I'm glad I went with a matching rear wheel though, the little of it that you can see, with the wide rim, smooth lip & all looks bad ***. But a pulley, rotor and caliper you just cannot see? I don't get it. (and I'm freakin' ****!)

Maybe if you're building a show queen that'll be displayed two feet in the air slowly spinning on a crushed velvet covered turntable with spot lights galore, then you might see it if you crouch down extra low.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Kasper
Hmm....is everyone who has bought Billet Wheels for there 2009 and up Bagger happy with the Cush Drive?
How much of the pully actually shows with the saddlebags on? I wouldn't want to remove the cush drive myself, but to each his own.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by slothy
i painted mine gloss black, but taped off the cush part of it.
slothy, that fits in your color scheme, i'm not so lucky. i'm assuming you rattle canned it? i'll sent it off with the tins and have it media blasted and sprayed red.

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Hmm....I thought long & hard before I even laid down the cabbage for a rear wheel you can barely see, almost had my stock wheel chromed to (kind of) match the new front. I'm glad I went with a matching rear wheel though, the little of it that you can see, with the wide rim, smooth lip & all looks bad ***. But a pulley, rotor and caliper you just cannot see? I don't get it. (and I'm freakin' ****!)

Maybe if you're building a show queen that'll be displayed two feet in the air slowly spinning on a crushed velvet covered turntable with spot lights galore, then you might see it if you crouch down extra low.
Yeah TX i've been contemplating the matching rear wheel for a year now. I got the rear stock chromed and it helped, but still not the same. So, the insurance company is paying for a matching rear wheel.

the rotor will be an OEM chrome swap on ebay.

i'm a detail-oriented kind of guy (****) and the rough black pulley would drive me nuts

Last edited by stupid_rope; 07-21-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
slothy, that fits in your color scheme, i'm not so lucky. i'm assuming you rattle canned it? i'll sent it off with the tins and have it media blasted and sprayed red.
nope, i had the painter paint it when he was doing my dash black.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Detoxic1
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

then theres us that want to get rid of the cush drive all together and go with a chain .....

Old 07-20-2011, 09:26 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxic1
then theres us that want to get rid of the cush drive all together and go with a chain .....
I think Drago's makes a kit for that.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:47 PM
markzx7zx7zx7
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was looking into this to from what i found out you have to get an old style pulley then you have to start spacing it wheel and everthing to get it to line up what i came up with by the time you by wheel pulleys spacers i should just get some exteneded bags cheaper