Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-on muffs for an '11...NOT loud

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Robert_W
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me, the more helmet you wear, the louder the exhaust seems. Recently, I installed the HD Fatshotz and went for a 200 mile ride with a HJC flip up helmet. My hearing was a little sensitive at the end of the ride. My bike is a 2009 cop bike (no cats and 103 c.i.) which makes the exhaust a little louder. I purchased from Supertrapp the HD Tuning Kit but haven't installed it yet. My plan was to go for a ride Sunday with my 1/2 and 3/4 helmet to test those results, but I have to get over the flu first. I won't have the opportunity to ride until next weekend, weather permitting.

Here are links to my exhaust and tuning kit.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...1&default=none

http://store.supertrapp.com/index.ph...roducts_id=144

Old 02-05-2011, 05:58 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a set of Samson's on my 2010 and still have the cats. They sound just right for me, not too loud and doesn't sound like a Honda now. They are about 2 1/2 dia. round with a rolled edge. They were given to me, so don't have part No.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:42 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I've never heard any complaints about the S/E Fatshotz. Most guys who have them rave about how much they like them.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Lonerider31
Advanced

My plan when I pick mine up is to remove Cat and replace and A/C and see who it is. I like what I read about the new Supertrapp Stouts but they are not available until March. The S&S 80db SPO's are another candidate. I also want quiet but strong performance and a cooler runningn engine, hence the removal of the CAT with Fuel Moto head pipe

Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Eagleman
6th Gear
Location: Livin the good life in Rocky Mountain High Denver, CO

I heard a set of the new Rinehart 4" slipons on a SE Street Glide and they sounded awesome. A little expensive but check them out. They really sounded good.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Arsharknose
Advanced

Bought my 2011 Ultra RG in Dec., started with V&H power duals and SE a/c, had dealer remap and then ran with stock pipes for a few hundred miles. First objective was to get rid of the cat help it breath and cool it. A pretty good sound, noticably louder than stock but wasn't that deeper sound I wanted. I just added some SE performance touring mufflers and it added a deeper sound. Shade louder than stock at idle and gets deeper as you get on it. Good sound for me. When I turn a 1000 miles I'll tune it with a dyno.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The V&H Monster Ovals are another alternative, not loud, deep and good looking.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:11 AM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dalton
A buddy of mine bought some of these, he had the regular oval prior on his old bike, and figured these would be louder. Well joke was on him, cuz the monster in the name certainly does not pertain to the sound level. These mufflers are not loud at all compared to other v an h mufflers I have heard.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
crescentmotor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dalton
+1 on the V&H Monster Ovals--set off the car alarms deep but not loud. They do have a bit of a drone at speed but I don't find it objectionable although some here have complained about that. My impressions may change once I get the Fuel Moto headers and 107 kit.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 PM
asandler
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look at the Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, or Monster Rounds. Deep, mellow sound, but not loud. The Ovals look very mean - 5.5 ins wide!

Quick Reply: Slip-on muffs for an '11...NOT loud