Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with CD Burning

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:45 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure this was in that thread somewhere, but by the number of "GOT IT!!!" e-mails I get about this, I'd assume it's reasonably helpful in some cases --

http://www.johnscrip.com/html/blog_f...y_davidson.php

Old 02-05-2011, 07:49 AM
TexasJR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by DynaStorm
yea...HK doesnt recognize M3U....I dont use WMP to burn, use Nero....it will always play fine on computer, cause computer has the dll to recognize those files, HK doesn't..its only setup to recognize and play cda or mp3

+1 on what he said......

You CAN burn files from iTunes. BUT....there is a limitation to the number of times you can burn some of the songs, and you can't burn songs you bought off of iTunes as an MP3. They are copy protected. (...I THINK the .99 songs are copy protected, whereas the 1.29 songs aren't locked down....)

If you rip some songs off of a CD you own, and add those songs to your iTunes music library, you CAN burn THOSE MP3 files onto an MP3 disk right out of iTunes. iTunes DOES burn MP3 disks.

You can get around the iTunes copy protection on songs you have purhcased from the iTunes music store a couple of ways if you want to burn those on to an MP3 disk for your bike. You can either....

- Burn an "Audio CD" out of iTunes of these songs. That disk should play on your harley just fine, but it will only hold about as many songs as you would get on a normal audio cd. (10 - 18...depending on length of the song of course). THEN.....rip THAT disk (just like you would a CD you bought at Best Buy) as MP3 files. Those MP3 files can be added to your iTunes library and burned as MP3 files at will.

OR

- You can download a music converter (Google "music converter"...there are a bunch") which can take songs you have purchased at the iTunes store and create MP3 files of those songs. Once you have them in an unprotected MP3 format, you can burn @ will.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

open the file where you have the music stored..look at all the files.
Some had Album art files.
I deleted them and used Media player and burned them as Data.

8-10 hrs per disc...perfect
Some songs wouldn't play reburned and all is good

I did burn them at a slower speed...Max burn speed did cause a few hiccups

Old 02-05-2011, 07:55 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasJR
+1 on what he said......

You CAN burn files from iTunes. BUT....there is a limitation to the number of times you can burn some of the songs, and you can't burn songs you bought off of iTunes as an MP3. They are copy protected. (...I THINK the .99 songs are copy protected, whereas the 1.29 songs aren't locked down....)

If you rip some songs off of a CD you own, and add those songs to your iTunes music library, you CAN burn THOSE MP3 files onto an MP3 disk right out of iTunes. iTunes DOES burn MP3 disks.

You can get around the iTunes copy protection on songs you have purhcased from the iTunes music store a couple of ways if you want to burn those on to an MP3 disk for your bike. You can either....

- Burn an "Audio CD" out of iTunes of these songs. That disk should play on your harley just fine, but it will only hold about as many songs as you would get on a normal audio cd. (10 - 18...depending on length of the song of course). THEN.....rip THAT disk (just like you would a CD you bought at Best Buy) as MP3 files. Those MP3 files can be added to your iTunes library and burned as MP3 files at will.

OR

- You can download a music converter (Google "music converter"...there are a bunch") which can take songs you have purchased at the iTunes store and create MP3 files of those songs. Once you have them in an unprotected MP3 format, you can burn @ will.
+1 on itunes. I've never bought from itunes but I use it to burn my CDs.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:02 AM
W0ace
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JohnScrip-

Thanks for posting that link. I have been burning MP3's ok, but I didn't know some of that info. I knew I couldn't burn at Max Speed, or Slowest just from experience, but didn't know why.....

All good info, great to hear it from someone who knows their stuff!

Couple questions.
Is there a difference between a M3U and MP3 ? I have been burning as M3U. Plays fine in the HK deck, but my car only plays about half the CD's.....They all play in the Harley, and everywhere else. All burnt the same. Just kinda seemed weird.

Is their any higher capacity CD's around that will work with the HK?

Thanks! Ride safe......

Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by DamifIknow
I dont think you can burn files downloaded from Itunes. I could be wrong.

You can I take and convert what I buy from itunes to mp3 and burn to disk. After cams etc. I am getting the ipod interface. Its just to much work to make CDs and in the order you want etc.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:07 AM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

EXCELLENT: http://www.johnscrip.com/html/blog_f...y_davidson.php

Put 180 songs in a "Folder" and it worked

Looking at buying a Apple product that holds 5,000 songs and be done with this........

Thanks for all the input !

For you all Snowed in 74deg. and Sunny headed to the coast: http://www.ktvu.com/5dayforecast/index.html

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
I'm sure this was in that thread somewhere, but by the number of "GOT IT!!!" e-mails I get about this, I'd assume it's reasonably helpful in some cases --

http://www.johnscrip.com/html/blog_f...y_davidson.php

Old 02-05-2011, 12:53 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The data MP3 CD's worked on my stock HK,........but now I run a 120gb IPOD with video on my new system. All through the Biketronics handlebar controls or touch screen.

Can't imagine that anyone could ever use 120 gb of music/video storage !!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DamifIknow
I dont think you can burn files downloaded from Itunes. I could be wrong.
You can if you export them to a CD and import them back as MP3.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
Ok I did a search... I followed the instructions to a tee

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...on-kardon.html

I have Vista 32 bit Media Player 11 Toshiba Satellite 8G RAM

It burns 160 songs on the CD and plays perfect on the computer

It will Only Play 40 songs on the HK on the Harley

I tried downloading Itunes...but it kept coming up with many many error messages...gave up......

What I am I missing

Thanks
Some things you might try;

The HK will play songs in a standard version ACC or MP3. I don't think it will recognize ACC versions burnt to a MP3 CD. Make sure that if you intend to burn an MP3 CD that all of the song files are in MP3. Its gotta be one or the other they don't mix well.

I have had better luck not trying to cram every song that will fit on an MP3 - If you tried it with 160 reduce it to 140 or so.

Try burning at the slowest rate.

For whatever reason sometimes the MP3 CDs don't burn successfully. Try another.

Quick Reply: Help with CD Burning