Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need oil change location when touring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 07:34 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

only a bum or a cheapskate would head out today thinking someone else will make up for his shortcomings. i did not take you to raise and do not want any strangers around my family.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pittz5
LMAO...thats funny!!.. I understand that it is the way it is and that times change. Use common sense and we will all be ok. by the way Im in Reno if you need a garage..lol
Do you have a picture of your wife?

(Just being sarcastic here). LOL

Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,949 Likes on 19,383 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
in this day and age, it would be foolish to let some stranger on to your property and around your family and belongings. this is a bad idea. if you can afford to take road trips-you can afford to take it to the dealer.
Ya know it's too bad that the Paranoia Police are everywhere today. I've been riding for over 40 years and have never missed an opportunity to help a rider on the road. Met a lot of great people. Even when I'm in the cage I make it a point to help out. Where I'm going with this is ---- RELAX --- if the opportunity presents it self lend a hand --- don't go looking for bad things and good things will come your way !

Old 02-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I would just stop at a dealer and have them change the oil if mine needed changing on the road.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:12 PM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Ya know it's too bad that the Paranoia Police are everywhere today. I've been riding for over 40 years and have never missed an opportunity to help a rider on the road. Met a lot of great people. Even when I'm in the cage I make it a point to help out. Where I'm going with this is ---- RELAX --- if the opportunity presents it self lend a hand --- don't go looking for bad things and good things will come your way !
I agree! Pm me if anyone is passing thru the toledo ohio area in need of help, or just wanna tour the area, I would be glad to help. I assure u any other intent, does not scare me nor my American made Rugers!

Old 02-06-2011, 01:13 AM
ultra....good
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
Maybe this can be a sticky...post here IF you are willing to provide a location for touring Brothers to do oil changes or light fixes.

One of the few headaches in touring is figuring out where to do service intervals.

Please keep responses to the point- no "subscribed"
Keep it light & simple so that someone in need can scan through on a mobile device and find help if needed.

Post location and how you want to be contacted.

Maybe post if you have special tools or talents.

mike
Was in Phoenix this past August from Northeast Wisconsin. About 4000 miles on my oil so I figured I would have it changed. Bikers bay did a great job in less then an hour. Got a new back tire at the wheel shop on the other end of town. That took a little longer, but they did bearings, brakes, trued the wheel, and of course, the tire. They had some kick *** blues going on the p/a system along with some great local mags wth destinations for rides. There are places out there to get service done, but would have gone the other way too I guess, just didn't need to and not one to bother people. If anyone ever needs something while in Northeast WI, I have a full shop (no mill, lathe, dyno, etc..) with a lift and hand tools and am always willing to help. You will have to tell me at least one funny story though. jcb1975@yahoo.com is best way to get me, goes to my phone when away from my desk.

Last edited by ultra....good; 02-06-2011 at 01:18 AM. Reason: add email address
Old 02-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I just changed my oil in the parking lot of my sisters condo..Took about 10 minutes,drained the oil in to a cardboard milk container while it was laying on its side..The big headache was finding an environmentally friendly place to dump the used oil..

Old 02-06-2011, 08:08 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Hey, stop at auto Zone, pick up some Mobile One, Drive to a local park, pull out the drain plug, let the oil drain into the grass, plug it and fill er back up. wheres the problem?

Old 02-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
They're talking about strangers coming to their home, not on the side of the road.

Hey, stop at auto Zone, pick up some Mobile One, Drive to a local park, pull out the drain plug, let the oil drain into the grass, plug it and fill er back up. wheres the problem?
There ya go! It doesn't have to be complicated.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 AM
kenfm2000
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm more than happy helping someone out that is on the road through Great Falls, MT. Problem is though if it's riding weather and daylight hours I will be on the road myself.

Quick Reply: Need oil change location when touring?