Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Happy! Just got my seat back from MeanCity Cycles.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
bucket772
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Happy! Just got my seat back from MeanCity Cycles.

I called down there and spoke to Allen. I didn't really know what I wanted but figured more money is better right? He recommended just the basic memory foam mod. He coulda sold me the whole package but didn't We figured out what I needed and set up the appt. The seat was mailed down a few day prior. I got a phone call on the day it was scheduled saying it was done. We settled up on the finances and within a few minutes I got an email from fed-ex saying the seat was packaged and ready to ship. Two days later and the seat is back home. Although there is too much snow and salt on the road to ride I did put the seat on and tested it in the garage.

All I can say is WOW. I actually sit IN the seat and not ON it. What a difference. So much more comfortable. I can't wait to ride.

Bottom (no pun intended) line is they are a great company. Friendly staff and everything delivered as promised. Workmanship is top quality. Other then the different riding position, it looks just like factory.

Just wish I could get out and ride.

Thanks MeanCity Cycles

Old 02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allen is top notch and so is his work and customer service.

Congrats, post some pics and more info on the seat, ie: what seat was modified, how (sit back, lower) etc.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I try to follow every thread about MCC, so far nothing but good news, unless I can find somebody local who can prove they can just as good or better, looks like I'll be sending my seat away in a couple of months.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253
I try to follow every thread about MCC, so far nothing but good news, unless I can find somebody local who can prove they can just as good or better, looks like I'll be sending my seat away in a couple of months.
They did modify my seat with the Gel pad which i agreed too but i wanted lower and not so concerned with comfort. I got Gel pad and it is comfy but I AM NOT LOWER in the seat. Great talking with those at Mean City and as i have said in previous post , that they would probably correct that but shipping both ways plus what i already have in the mod is too much. Just be sure you STRESS which you want comfort or lowering.

Ride safe

Old 02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
bucket772
Cruiser

Here are some pics:

He moved me down and back. You can see by the two pics of my seat in the saddle that there is a position change.

Here are some of the seat.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, that's what I want with my Sundowner down and back a bit.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:25 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Another rave review for MCC and Allen. Best advertizing you can get is positive word of mouth delivered to thousands of enthusiasts like we have here. Thanks again Allen.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:35 PM
bucket772
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jberg
Another rave review for MCC and Allen. Best advertizing you can get is positive word of mouth delivered to thousands of enthusiasts like we have here. Thanks again Allen.
Agreed. It really helps, especially when you can't really go to a shop and see the work before hand. Although I have a buddy who had his modded by MCC and I got to see first hand. But that would not have changed my decision to do business with MCC. I am getting ready to send a nice chunk of money to Jamie over at FuelMoto. This is all based on reviews from forum members. It can't be easy to please this many different types of people/riders. Rarely a bad review and usually it ends up getting resolved anyway.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:19 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,128 Likes on 11,637 Posts

I found it quite odd that after just one phone call with Allen he knew
the contour of my a$$.... and filleted my seat accordingly.
Perfect fit first try !!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:24 PM
bucket772
Cruiser

I'd like to know also. Well not about your *** specifically but rather how he knows. I even went so far as to send in a picture. But that was only a profile shot

Last edited by bucket772; 02-03-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Very Happy! Just got my seat back from MeanCity Cycles.