Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV addition from Stock - What were the benefits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:25 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question PCV addition from Stock - What were the benefits?

For those of you who installed a PCV...what were the benefits you noticed first, and was it worth the $300+?

I am seriously considering getting one (yes...from Jaime!) and would like people's opinion n it's benefits.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 AM
DamnYankee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I needed to make FI adjustments because I changed the air intake and exhaust, not to mention correcting the lean condition from the factory to reduce heat. I picked the PCV because I continually and making changes and do not want to have to get retuned each time. I simply E-mail Jamie for a new map. No regrets so far, and well worth the money

Old 02-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree pretty much with what the Yankee said. Did a Stage 1 upgrade from FuelMoto and the PCV was a no brainer to go with the pipes and air cleaner. The bike runs better, pulls stronger, although it's still no race horse but the improvement is noticed and welcomed. Fuel consumption remained the same pre and post mods. I think that's more to do with how I ride the bike than anything else. Engine heat is a little better too but if you get caught in traffic, it's still going to get plenty warm down there. It is an air cooled engine after all.

The PCV is dirt simple to install and has been pointed out ad nausium, get it from Jamie and you'll have "lots" of mapping options to choose from!

Good luck & Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
smat45
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default noticed first...

[QUOTE For those of you who installed a PCV...what were the benefits you noticed first,

throttle response....

smat

Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

throttle response, less heat, no more pinging.my 07 pinged horrbly when hot.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dohadex
For those of you who installed a PCV...what were the benefits you noticed first, and was it worth the $300+? I am seriously considering getting one (yes...from Jaime!) and would like people's opinion n it's benefits.
Just do a search on "Fuel Moto" and you'll likely get more feedback than you can read in a month, 99.9% of it favorable. The PCV is one of several tuner options and IMO is the best option for most riders if you buy from Fuel Moto. With them you'll get an accurate map, unless you have some really odd hardware setup, that for most riders will not require a dyno-tune. It's just plug-and-play with no other interaction unless you want to tweak, which I for one can't resist doing.. I originally bought a PCIII from them in 2006, then a PCV in early 2009 and added Auto-Tune shortly thereafter. I also have purchased other items like AC and muffers and have never regretted any of these decisions.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:05 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Iclick

Another person here (like Jamie) to listen to is iclick. Many here live by his info and stuff he writes about, and we have all been happy, so what he says goes in our tuning books!!!! Not even sure I have told him thank you before, but he has lots of good reads here and tons of great map help. So thanks iclick.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:09 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
So thanks iclick.
Thanks! I've gotten more from you guys than I've given-out, so I thank all of you!

Old 02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Yojimbo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll answer the second question first: yes, it was definitely worth it. What I noticed first was the sound from the pipes I got with the PC. What I noticed after that was the reduction in heat. Highly recommend.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:28 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Biggest and most important improvement in my eyes was a big reduction in the pinging that was so prevalent.

Quick Reply: PCV addition from Stock - What were the benefits?