Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler slip on recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011 | 10:04 AM
MikeA
|
Novice
Default Muffler slip on recommendations

I recently bought a used 2006 Ultra Classic and want to "up" the rumble a little. I am looking for a moderate increase but still be fellow rider friendly. There are obviously hundreds to choose from but no real clue as to how they rate on the decibel level.

I like the roar of a Harley as much as the next guy but we do long rides and I have a couple buddies that you literally can't be behind them for extended periods because their exhaust is too loud.

Old 01-31-2011 | 10:25 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member

keep your stock head pipe and put any muffler you want.

Old 01-31-2011 | 10:31 AM
tankplunkett
Intermediate

I put Rush slip on's with 1.75" baffles on my 09 and really like the sound. They get loud when you get on it but have a nice rumble while your cruising.

Old 01-31-2011 | 10:35 AM
who?me?
Cruiser

screaming eagle touring, choose the tip you want.

Old 01-31-2011 | 10:39 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

rinehart slip on's have worked well for me in the past.

Old 01-31-2011 | 11:42 AM
MikeA
|
Novice

How do you know how loud they'll be? Where would you put the Reinhart slip ons at as far as loud?

Old 01-31-2011 | 11:48 AM
mstakern
Tourer

I just got a pair of V&H oval mufflers, just have not installed them yet. I have been told they increase the sound but are not obnoxious.

Old 01-31-2011 | 11:50 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikeA
How do you know how loud they'll be? Where would you put the Reinhart slip ons at as far as loud?

IMO LOUD!!!

I sold mine for just that reason and bought the Jackpots from FuleMoto. Not too loud but still sounds like a Harley and bark when you get on it.

Old 01-31-2011 | 11:52 AM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Default Slip ons

Originally Posted by MikeA
I recently bought a used 2006 Ultra Classic and want to "up" the rumble a little. I am looking for a moderate increase but still be fellow rider friendly. There are obviously hundreds to choose from but no real clue as to how they rate on the decibel level.

I like the roar of a Harley as much as the next guy but we do long rides and I have a couple buddies that you literally can't be behind them for extended periods because their exhaust is too loud.
Best thing you can do is go to some HD rallys or gatherings of bikes and listen to theirs. Take into the account their motor size too (88 or 95, 96" etc) because that will change the sound of the mufflers too.

Muffler sounds are all subjective and what is loud to you is quiet to another...take it from me when I was looking years ago the best option was to hear others.

Old 01-31-2011 | 11:55 AM
Robert_W
Tourer

Look for EPA compliant mufflers.

Good luck and ride safe,

Bob.

Quick Reply: Muffler slip on recommendations