Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler slip on recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011 | 04:33 PM
North Star
Road Captain

Originally Posted by roadgliderick
CFRs LOL

Old 01-31-2011 | 04:41 PM
RussianMonk
Tourer

I would go with rineharts. I run them and so does my uncle. Gives it a nice powerful sound. IMO makes it a bit louder, not to much though.

Old 01-31-2011 | 05:04 PM
Robert_W
Tourer

Supertrapp Fatshots and Harley Fatshotz are tunable. Basically the same pipe. Fatshotz are made by Supertrapp. Part available for both at Supertrapp.com

Ride safe,

Bob.

Old 01-31-2011 | 06:07 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

Hey man,
I wanted the same thing, not crazy but not lamo. I checked out so many then I looked into the Klock werks S&Sl mainly becuase of price. I was very happy and was overjoyed with the sound!!!! I got the long straights they sound awesome and look great. Check them out on You tube and their website. The bark when you want it and at 3500 RPM they are low growl.

Old 01-31-2011 | 06:31 PM
Diesel_Cowboy
Advanced
Default Klock Werks SS

Originally Posted by Timmy B
Hey man,
I wanted the same thing, not crazy but not lamo. I checked out so many then I looked into the Klock werks S&Sl mainly becuase of price. I was very happy and was overjoyed with the sound!!!! I got the long straights they sound awesome and look great. Check them out on You tube and their website. The bark when you want it and at 3500 RPM they are low growl.
+1 for Klock Werks ! these are the nicest sounding mufflers I have had, and they look awesome too . I went through V&H ovals , SE touring, Samson Fish Tail Drags (sounded awesome but way to loud with tru duals for me) and finally tried the super savers. I will never buy another muffler again I'll try and post a pic when I get a chance.
Good luck

Old 01-31-2011 | 06:44 PM
Diesel_Cowboy
Advanced
Default Klock werks SS

Sorry best pic I have

Attached Thumbnails Muffler slip on recommendations-klock-werks-2-.jpg  
Old 01-31-2011 | 07:11 PM
watercop
Cruiser

Had screamin eagles and switched to V and H slash cuts. A bit louder than I wanted, but idle nice and bark under hard throttle. I've been pleased with them, installed them in 2006...and the chorme has held up very well...at least so far.

Old 01-31-2011 | 07:46 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

this is just my opinion, next step from stock would be newer style se, after that would bejackpots with quiet baffle,next louder se series suppertrap(same as old style se), next would be jackpot dynotuned with rush, rienhart,and wild pigs all these are simialer volume but do have different tones.

Old 02-01-2011 | 05:21 AM
masonc
Advanced

i have this fbi slip on. nice rumble but not too loud -

http://store.fatbaggers.com/fbisislchpem.html

sound clips before & after i installed it -

before -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP3aH5jeajw&NR=1

after -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkbImWR3hbc

Old 02-01-2011 | 08:15 AM
ncdan
Tourer

save your money, Ive been where your at. Take your stock mufflers off and punch a hole in both end baffles. A 1 inch hole will do fine. The sound is a nice rumble, opens the air flow a little, and no 250 buck retune is necessary. Best of all at 75mph on the highway your brain dont get scrambled from the racket. Yes i said racket.

Quick Reply: Muffler slip on recommendations