Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler slip on recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011 | 11:56 AM
oldbagr
Road Master

FuelMoto Jackpot Dyno Tuned slip ons; best bang for the buck. I replaced my SE Touring slip ons with the Jackpots and the sound is great plus they are excellent quality at a very reasonable price.

Old 01-31-2011 | 12:12 PM
mnskip
Tourer

Originally Posted by RK Ivan
Best thing you can do is go to some HD rallys or gatherings of bikes and listen to theirs. Take into the account their motor size too (88 or 95, 96" etc) because that will change the sound of the mufflers too.

Muffler sounds are all subjective and what is loud to you is quiet to another...take it from me when I was looking years ago the best option was to hear others.
This is what I did. Went with the Vance & Hines ovals. I'm sure there are others out there, but I stuck with these just because of the sound and looks on the type of bike I was about to buy.

Old 01-31-2011 | 12:18 PM
glideride113
Cruiser

I love my Rhineharts, good deep rumble, cruise well and bark when you ask for it......

Old 01-31-2011 | 12:37 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DocHarley
IMO LOUD!!!

I sold mine for just that reason and bought the Jackpots from FuleMoto. Not too loud but still sounds like a Harley and bark when you get on it.
That's what I was looking for: a comparison of the Rineharts and Jackpots. Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I sold my Rineharts for the same reason: they were way too loud for me. I got some CVO's as replacements and the bike runs great, but they are too darned quiet. I want something between "wake the dead" and "was that a Harley?" and sounds like I'll have to give those a listen next oppotunity.

Old 01-31-2011 | 12:50 PM
MikeA
|
Novice

The fuel-moto website is intriguing. That might be my way to go.

One of the guys I ride with has the Reinhart true duals he had put on at the dealer when he bought his 08' road Glide new, and they are unbearable when your behind him. Unfortunately he can't really afford to change them out.

Old 01-31-2011 | 12:54 PM
JayLo
Cruiser
Veteran: Army

Vance & Hines Ovals. They look and sound good.

Old 01-31-2011 | 01:12 PM
mydnytryder
Advanced
Default Change of pace

I usually went with full V&H systems in the past. They have always sounded great and you get the added boost. This time I went with the Rinehart slip-ons, at first they seemed a bit loud but got used to it. They do encourage you to keep the rpm's up which helps to mellow the bark at cruise. If you hear something you like, just ask, am sure they will gladly let you know what they have.

Old 01-31-2011 | 01:18 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member

CFRs LOL

Old 01-31-2011 | 04:08 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member

You said "I have a couple buddies that you literally can't be behind them for extended periods because their exhaust is too loud."

If that is the case, Reinharts are not your mufflers. I like my SuperTrapp SE's. Great rumble on a 88" with stock head pipes. They might be a bit loud for you but it's subjective.

Louder than the "HD SE Touring" and quiter then the Reinharts.

Old 01-31-2011 | 04:30 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior

Try "American customs web site. They have a pretty good site that let you know what they sound like. Also 3 levels of loud. It's what I went with with no baffles. I happen to like mine. No cool name but hey they give me what I wanted. Ride 'em safe.
Kroozeabout.

Quick Reply: Muffler slip on recommendations