Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone purchased from happarel.com?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Overcamber
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jacket order

well I bit the bullet the other day and sent in an order for Harley-Davidson Men Black Bird Jacket 98298-08VM

we'll see what transpires and how long to receive it in canada/will keep you posted

Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM
cageddog
Cruiser

I have been looking at haparrel jackets as well. I've been following this thread and I too jumped in with two feet. I will update the status when I know more , good luck Overcamber

Old 05-31-2012, 05:08 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyroadking63
Thanks for your sharing. Have you bought anything from dhgate before?
I am looking at a roadking parts to purchase.

But I just check dhgate sellers in google. This is what i got.

http://www.419legal.org/fradulent-we...al.html?drgn=1

http://www.dhgate.com/!forums/topic/thread/?tid=2239

There are tons of complaints and "scam beware" warnings all over online.
If this is the case, I might get it in ebay . Any comment?
I am aware this is an older post but I just backtracked through the posts in this thread and saw your post. I certainly wasn't ignoring you and after what you posted about scams etc I thought a reply was appropriate.

There is a forum in Australia that has numerous pages in the review section regarding sellers from DH Gate, nearly all with good success. DH Gate is a gateway for numerous sellers to sell from.

Out of all of the sellers that WERE there, It looks like a company called sell_online was the best to use from DH Gate.
HOWEVER, I think they may have been -- shall we say-- advised by some company to remove their wares (or driven further underground) as I can't find ANY jackets of the type we are talking about here on DH Gate at all now, some 6 months later.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Overcamber
Road Captain
Default jacket came today

Originally Posted by cageddog
I have been looking at haparrel jackets as well. I've been following this thread and I too jumped in with two feet. I will update the status when I know more , good luck Overcamber
Well much to my suprise the jacket arrived today(almost 2 weeks to canada which is awesome!)in a black plastic shipping bag from China. Jacket is top quality/same as at the dealer in every way.Will definitely recommend and buy from them again..This jacket was discontinued a few years back and was shocked to see it listed/I contacted them and they said they had large and XL in stock to my suprise..Anyhow it all went without a hitch.Can send pics of my jacket if anyone would like to see it

Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM
cageddog
Cruiser

I too just got my Jacket and yes just over a week to Canada. Looks good, feeling pretty good about it!!

Old 07-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Kilokato
Tourer

I just received my Harley Leather jacket from Happarel earlier this week...Do NOT buy from Happarel if you want an authentic Harley Davidson jacket! I bought the 2nd most popular on their list, the reflective Willie G. Skull jacket for $309+ 20 for shipping....It's a "nice" jacket, looks real, labels and all...But when I went to the Harley shop and compared it to a real jacket the differences were obvious...It's a cheaper, softer leather, good for wearing around town and the reflective material wasn't as reflective...the quality wasn't quite as good, but decent....But it's obviously a knock-off...I e-mailed the company and of course got no response....Like I said, it's a pretty nice jacket if you want to save some $$$ and you don't really care if it's a "real" jacket....It would fool most people, it looks almost identical to the real ones...I think I'll put it on Craigslist because I went ahead and bought the other jacket at my local Harley shop...I'll take $275 shipping if anyone is interested

Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Kilokato
Tourer

Ok, an update...I finally received an email back from happarel a couple days after emailing them about a return/refund. They offered an additional 25% off the price to be refunded to my credit card if I would keep the jacket. I decided to go ahead and return the jacket to a Torrence, CA address two weeks ago. I haven't heard from them yet but they did advise it could take 20 days or so to see the credit on my card after they recieve the jacket back though.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kilokato
I just received my Harley Leather jacket from Happarel earlier this week...Do NOT buy from Happarel if you want an authentic Harley Davidson jacket! I bought the 2nd most popular on their list, the reflective Willie G. Skull jacket for $309+ 20 for shipping....It's a "nice" jacket, looks real, labels and all...But when I went to the Harley shop and compared it to a real jacket the differences were obvious...It's a cheaper, softer leather, good for wearing around town and the reflective material wasn't as reflective...the quality wasn't quite as good, but decent....But it's obviously a knock-off...I e-mailed the company and of course got no response....Like I said, it's a pretty nice jacket if you want to save some $$$ and you don't really care if it's a "real" jacket....It would fool most people, it looks almost identical to the real ones...I think I'll put it on Craigslist because I went ahead and bought the other jacket at my local Harley shop...I'll take $275 shipping if anyone is interested
hmmm, Maybe MOCO quality control rejected the jackets, and thier being sold thru other business's.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 PM
NETacomaFatboy
Cruiser

if it is too good to be true................

Old 08-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Deals can be had at HD dealers. I bought the FXRG leather last fall, -09 version from Rider's Harley in Trussville AL for 20% off retail. I was passing through and asked if they would match the 20% off the Thunder Creek in Chattanooga was going to have that weekend. They said yes so I got the jacket.

BTW, it's a great riding jacket, made for riding. If you want a stand around the bar or campfire jacket, get something else.

Quick Reply: Has anyone purchased from happarel.com?