Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpots on backwards??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011 | 05:33 PM
rkjay
1st Gear

I have the jackpot dyno tuned muffs and the left side baffle toward the head pipe end is smaller in diameter. Doesn't seem like much exhaust comes thru this side of the bike due to the stock headpipe design. Maybe 85/15?? I like the sound of this set up but it is not loud enough for ME. I also have the competition baffles but they do not sound good at all with the stock headpipe (2into1into2)to ME. I am going to give the guys a call at Fuel Moto about the big shot duals or the dresser duals. I like it loud as was my fat boy with the longshot duals it had.

08 RKC
stock engine
jackpot dyno tuned muffs
fuel moto stage 1 A/C
PC V with fuel moto map

Old 01-30-2011 | 06:21 PM
6023zub
Cruiser

I have the Dyno Tuned mufflers and recently bought the Tunable Quiet Baffle so that my ears don't ring after long hauls. Now the hole on the right side is smaller than the hole on the left side. I have not noticed any difference in performance to speak of.

Buz

Old 01-30-2011 | 07:02 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

So, what would it be like if you used 2 right side mufflers on both sides??????????????/ wouldnt it kinda be like true duals ????????????????????

Old 01-30-2011 | 07:59 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Swapping the left and right standard Jackpot Dyno Tuned mufflers/baffles will reduce Hp/Tq, in most cases signifigantly as this greatly affects the exhaust flow in the wrong direction. Our quiet baffle design is a bit different even though it is only for the right muffler, although it is chambered it still flows very well when the silent insert is removed and noticably reduces the dB level over the standard baffle.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-30-2011 | 08:01 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by cowboy Harry
So, what would it be like if you used 2 right side mufflers on both sides??????????????/ wouldnt it kinda be like true duals ????????????????????
You can run the same baffle in both sides, however you will see best performance with our asymmetric baffle design

Old 01-31-2011 | 12:40 AM
fireaxxe
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by cowboy Harry

No because the muffler system would still share the same collector chamber as the pipe runs 2-1-2, however this would make it quieter if you ran two smaller baffles, the Rineharts I had were equal 2" baffles on both sides, this pipe was way too loud for me on long trips and I did have less low end torque with the Rineharts then I do with the Jackpots being that I have a stock 96 incher with no big bore increase, comprssion increase, or cam. Both produced about the same VE numbers in the higher RPM's on my bike.

Last edited by fireaxxe; 01-31-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2011 | 12:47 AM
fireaxxe
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Swapping the left and right standard Jackpot Dyno Tuned mufflers/baffles will reduce Hp/Tq, in most cases signifigantly as this greatly affects the exhaust flow in the wrong direction. Our quiet baffle design is a bit different even though it is only for the right muffler, although it is chambered it still flows very well when the silent insert is removed and noticably reduces the dB level over the standard baffle.

How much power am I loosing by doing this, and have you done any measureable sound testing to see what the difference would be. It sounds a little quieter at certain RPM's, to my ears, just wondering what the dB levels would be when compaired to a correctly installed setup.

Old 01-31-2011 | 10:25 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
How much power am I loosing by doing this, and have you done any measureable sound testing to see what the difference would be. It sounds a little quieter at certain RPM's, to my ears, just wondering what the dB levels would be when compaired to a correctly installed setup.
Swapping our mufflers left to right can drop Hp/Tq by 10% or more. Using the muffler with the reversion nozzle on the right side will increase muffler running temperature, especially when under load and may very likely discolor the chrome. Because this is not the way we designed the mufflers and they do not perform properly when swapped I do not have any dB into.

Old 02-06-2011 | 12:28 PM
rkjay
1st Gear
Thumbs up re-evaluation

Okay so it got up to the mid 40s here today and I couldn't stand it any longer.
Broke out the RK and did some experimenting with the two baffles.
I took the packing off the dyno tuned baffles and it sounds great. No decel popping good power. Closer to what sound I am after. Idle sound is extremely good.
Now the Competition baffles....
I took the silent sport packing out and used the dyno tuned baffle wrap on the comp bafffles. Wow! huge improvement in sound. Even closer to what I want. Some decel pop not major though annoying.
Next I took the packing off the comp baffles and just ran them straight.
Perfect sound I want. Especailly when excelerating. Only problem is pops like crazy when deceling and shifting.
I am glad I did this before buying true duals or the Big Shots. I just need to talk to Jamie about remapping with comp baffles and no packing material to eliminate the popping if possible.
I cannot believe the difference in sound when the dyno tuned wrapping was put on the comp baffles. Huge improvement. It is very difficult to put the silent sport packing in without taping it or wrapping it somehow. I was about to give up on this set up. Glad I didn't. I would suggest that Fuel Moto use the same wrap on the comp baffles as the dyno tuned baffles to my ears it is a improvement.

Last edited by rkjay; 02-06-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2011 | 10:45 PM
FLigHT Ri$K
Novice

rkjay, I was considering the competition baffles for more DBs and now am thinking I might try just removing the packing on my dyno tuned pipes. Would you recommend it? Can you reinstall it after taking it off? Is the sound louder than the competition baffles with the original packing? Thanks for any feedback.