Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should I?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:30 AM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can not add much that has not already been said ,NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO get the idea

Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NO WAY HOSEA.....
If you are basing your decision off of this thread it looks like you will be keeping your RK.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:55 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Been there, done that. Wave off. The thrill will be gone in less than three months, then you're left with a bike that doesn't have the "legs", comfort and reliability to take out of town.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

If you really have a hard-on to own a chopper, I say go for it. Back about 25 years ago, my now ex-wife told me "Hey, you only live once" when I was contemplating the purchase of my first Flatbottom V-Drive. Not practical, but that's what I did with my money because I had ached for one my entire life.
You can always go back to something more conventional if you get it out of your system.
One of my riding buddies has a Pit Bull hardtail and he does some of our 350-400 mile day rides with us without any whining. It is way more dependable than his old Shovel that will surely go with him to the grave. When I first met him, I asked how many miles he had on it. He answered with the number of rebuilds and engine replacements. Another friend with a kit chopper did short trips with us before he died from cancer. He had the bike built just after his first battle and enjoyed every minute of it. Wouldn't be my choice of rides but to each his own.

Last edited by Lakerat; 01-30-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:13 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

why do u think he wants to trade u cuz hes sick of the ride everyone that i talk to that has those choppers wants a touring bike sooner or later. cuz the ride SUCKS dont do it if u do you will watch your friends leave everytime while u go home and rub ben-gay on your body and then take a ambien so u can rest your dreary body.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:42 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rgjujitsu
He has 40k into the bike

Easier for him to trade than sell!

Then after your *** hurts,you would have to try to sell it!

Old 01-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Marine Trader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Writing on the wall ( or thread )

So I currently own an 05 rk custom flhrs, but have always wanted a custom chopper. A friend of mine, who has 2 beautiful choppers offered to trade me 1 straight up. He has 40k into the bike but just doesn't ride it much. It's a war eagle frame with a 110 merch engine and trans, internal wiring, and air suspension. Amazing custom paint and seat. My mechanic says don't do it, customs have too many problems, my bike is in awesome shape. I'm looking for feedback either way. I only take 1 long ride a year, but is it just a case of the grass is always greener? Thanks.
Read what you just wrote. " He has 40k into the bike but just doesn't ride it much ".I wonder why he doesn't ride it much. I wonder what it will do in your garage once the novelty wears off.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:27 PM
izzle22
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why?

Why would you even ask a question like that on a Harley forum? You know what the answers and comments are going to be! I just came to look and see if I might be wrong (Nope!). You already knew the answer.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

If you were to ask this same question in the Custom section of the forum, you just might get some different responses.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:11 PM
passae
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I currently own an 05 rk custom flhrs, but have always wanted a custom chopper. A friend of mine, who has 2 beautiful choppers offered to trade me 1 straight up. He has 40k into the bike but just doesn't ride it much. It's a war eagle frame with a 110 merch engine and trans, internal wiring, and air suspension. Amazing custom paint and seat. My mechanic says don't do it, customs have too many problems, my bike is in awesome shape. I'm looking for feedback either way. I only take 1 long ride a year, but is it just a case of the grass is always greener? Thanks.
You SHOULD NOT....

Quick Reply: should I?