Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need Handle Bar help for my Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011 | 02:33 AM
ipjaydub
Novice

I went with the Krome Werks, "Sweeper Stretch" handlebars on my '06 RG. I love 'em and the price was not bad at all! Rerouted cables and didn't have to change any of them.

Old 01-29-2011 | 03:33 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

the BR wave 3 might be good for ya not high, and unlike baby apes they give ya a lil pullback

Old 01-29-2011 | 07:19 AM
CigarCritic
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by leohd
the BR wave 3 might be good for ya not high, and unlike baby apes they give ya a lil pullback
I agree. Looks like these are going to run around $500 finished. Thanks again.

Old 01-29-2011 | 07:24 AM
CigarCritic
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by ipjaydub
I went with the Krome Werks, "Sweeper Stretch" handlebars on my '06 RG. I love 'em and the price was not bad at all! Rerouted cables and didn't have to change any of them.
Krome Werks prices are right and some of their bars look good but they sure make it difficult to see their product. Website is the absolute worst. Thank you.

Old 01-29-2011 | 07:42 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
Krome Werks prices are right and some of their bars look good but they sure make it difficult to see their product. Website is the absolute worst. Thank you.
+1 on that. I was thinking about them for my Road King but unlike Wild One site they don't show them on the bikes. Not gonna buy anything that I can't see what they look like on my particular bike. There are plenty of Road Glide pics on here with them but hard to tell what they would look like without a fairing.

Old 01-29-2011 | 09:28 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

Bike is a 2011 FLTRX. I replaced the stock bars with heritage bars and I don't like them. Like the stock bars they cause my hands to turn slightly inward, pinky knuckle up which causes me to keep my elbows up. There is no way I could cross country with the heritage bars. After 200 miles today I was thankful for cruise control.

My ideal bars would be three inches lower that the heritage bars and about three inches closer with my hands and elbows in a more natural/relaxed state. Dare I say, identical to Gold Wing bars.

No apes, internal wiring but not necessary. Thanks for your suggestions and pics is you have them.
I had Khrome Werks sweepers on my 07 RG. They are very comfortable and the price is right. If you do a search for them you'll find a ton of pictures and reviews.

I have WO Outlawz on my new Roag Glide Ultra. These bars have a very similar (neutral) wrist angle to the sweepers. They are taller than the sweepers with less pullback. The reach is about the same since they are taller and more straight out from my shoulders. I like the Outlawz better than the sweepers plus they are fat with all the wires internal. They look nicer IMO.

Do a search for the outlawz and you'll see a bunch of pics. You can also go to the WO site and they have tons of pics.

Any questions? I'll try to help.

Last edited by sifularson; 01-29-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2011 | 10:55 AM
monstead
Club Member
From: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....

I have the WO517's on my RKC...my friend has them on her RG. "ktm_scott" came by and checked them out and he ended up putting them on his RG...you may want to PM him about what he thinks about them.

Here are some pics of her riding her RG and of my on my RK with same bars.
She's 5'6" and the ones where she's touring, she has a
Corbin Close seat so she's sitting closer than the ones where she's in her 1/2 helmet which is the day she took delivery of the bike. I'm showing pics of me on my bike so you can get an idea of the bars with a normal seat/taller person. I'm just under 5'9" and have longer arms than her. I do have some better pics with me on her bike taken for the purpose of showing off the bars so a couple people could get a really good idea of them...they're on a different computer...PM me and I'll send them to you.

Neither of us needed to change cables...they are internally wired though.

As an FWI, some people think they will not like the hand position...too much like a wheel barrel. I find them very comfortable as does my friend. She had them on her Fatboy as well. When driving a cage, our hands are more in that postition, so why not on a MC?

Those look very comfortable but the angle of the grips look to be a bit more in than I think I want. These might be the bars. Many thanks!
http://www.wild1inc.com/517tc.html
http://www.wild1inc.com/517bs.html
http://www.wild1inc.com/517bd.html

Attached Thumbnails I need Handle Bar help for my Road Glide-img_1300sm.jpg   I need Handle Bar help for my Road Glide-img_0581sm.jpg   I need Handle Bar help for my Road Glide-img_1508sm.jpg   I need Handle Bar help for my Road Glide-img_1608sm.jpg   I need Handle Bar help for my Road Glide-img_0555sm.jpg  

Last edited by monstead; 01-29-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2011 | 11:20 AM
CigarCritic
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by sifularson
I had Khrome Werks sweepers on my 07 RG. They are very comfortable and the price is right. If you do a search for them you'll find a ton of pictures and reviews.
Just read your excellent write-up on the Khrome Werks #300504 and the wrist angle looks perfect but I think I will want more pullback.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-compared.html

Old 01-29-2011 | 12:17 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

great pics and write up monstead

Old 01-29-2011 | 03:17 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master

i had the heritage and , although MUCH better than stock, still not quite right. went with wild 1 502's. only had to change clutch and brake lines. really took pressure off my shouder. in my signature picture.

Quick Reply: I need Handle Bar help for my Road Glide