Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rockford Fosgate mini amp?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Strat HD
Rockfords are always under rated on their spec sheets and always put out more watts than they are rated at.
As a car audio dealer and a Rockford dealer for many years (ex dealer now), that statement was true for many years but not any more. It's all about the money now, instead of the sound. That's why I'm an ex dealer. In my opinion, Arc Audio is the new Rockford Fosgate. They are about the sound quality and watts per dollar. Try their 125 watt motorcycle amp. You'll be amazed.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that everyone kinda saw this one coming. Too bad so many guys put all of their eggs in the RF amp basket.

I guess a lot of guys will be in the market for something different now !!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

As I recall, JMJOHN was posting on HDF about his 500W, 4-channel amp's expected delivery date, as well as the 7.25" speaker boxes, and the initial expected delivery dates were pushed back several months for undisclosed reasons. So RF's delay isn't unique, though it is disappointing.

Given the RF's price point, I'll be patient. My plan B is the Arc 125.4 installed in-fairing and supplied by the same local audio shop that provided a super deal on the 125.2 I had previously.

Carl

Old 06-09-2011, 01:12 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Talked to RF today. They have no idea what head unit i'm talking about. They also said parts from their suppliers are taking longer than expected for the amp. I'm still going to wait, as they're claiming they ship in July.

Talked to Brady at BN today. He didn't have any info on the head units either...guess i'll just buy a Kenwood

Old 06-16-2011, 02:08 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default New update

Yaffe has the plug and play harness and the amps for sale now and is expecting delivery any day now. Fosgate says they are sending SOME out but no numbers were given. I know Paul has been included in some of the design and R&D so he will probably get a pretty big chunk of the first ones, that is just my thoughts anyways.
Kris

Old 06-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Yaffe has the plug and play harness and the amps for sale now and is expecting delivery any day now. Fosgate says they are sending SOME out but no numbers were given. I know Paul has been included in some of the design and R&D so he will probably get a pretty big chunk of the first ones, that is just my thoughts anyways.
Kris
To be added to many other well known "truths:"

1. "The check is in the mail."

2. "Of course I'll respect you in the morning."

3. "Honey (i.e. wife), I have no idea how that woman got my phone number or why she'd send me such intimate pictures."

4. "Honest officer, I only had a couple of beers."

Kris, thanks for the updates, and I've no doubt you are accurately reporting what you are told. I'll patiently wait to hear of confirmed deliveries before I reach for my wallet.

Carl

Old 06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member

Well thanks for the update. Brady told me to get on the preorder list, so that's what i did. we'll see...

Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Default Limited Supply have shipped to the distributors

Again it is limited quantaties, but the first shipments have gone out to the distrubtors who then send them to the dealers. All I know for now.
Kris

Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member

Talked to Phil today. My order for the new amp has been filled. The amp will go out with the rest of my order next month.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:35 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Default Update

See first page for current update. Carl if I missed anything, please feel free to chime in here too and again thanks for the heads up.
Kris

Quick Reply: New Rockford Fosgate mini amp?