Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rockford Fosgate mini amp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:38 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

East Side Harley has a modified right side fairing bracket that will allow you to install an Arc Audio KS125.4... I purchased a used KS125.4 off of craiglist for $280... The bracket is $150.. Ick... Then you can run pretty much any speakers you want.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:45 PM
axel black
Road Captain

still waiting

Old 05-09-2011, 08:06 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

RF site now says July 2011. I'd say it has something to do with Japans situation.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by axel black
still waiting
I was told the amp was suppose to be released today, but it has been put off till June if that is what you are waiting for.
I'm waitin on the same amp, but I'm gonna need help to wire it up.
Hate to break the bad news.

I also want the Rockford Fosgate 300-4 amp.
And was wanting to put the speakers in the hardlowers and in the fairing.
Had Harleypingman I think it is trying to explain to me how to wire the lowers into the rear speakers, but I got lost. I ain't a wiring genius anymore. Done got old.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:17 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Pual Yaffe will be selling a wiring harnes for it like he does now with the HW stuff or like John does from J&M. This takes care of, just like SL says, everthing except the power and ground runs, and the RCA's if you use low level outputs. I will try to be one of the first on the block with the new RF 4 channel and will do as good of job as I can with the write up on here. The wait is killing me, but has given me time to think about lowers. Got blessing from the wife the other day, she says anything we keep in there, we can certainly fit in another bag someplace.
This wiring harness you are talkin about.
Do you know if it is gonna let you wire it up for a Ultra with front and back speakers and you can also wire in Lower speakers in the hard lowers too ?

Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

new J&M ROKKER series LOWER fairing speaker kit at http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....252GTM-T&PF=45 ,,,,

Old 05-11-2011, 08:46 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Paul and I talked about this and he was working on different options for the ultras, or bikes with rear speakers anyways. I won't speak for him, but I am guessing you willhave a few options with the harness.
I put a set of RF speakers in my lowers. All of the RF speakers are available now. Looks like the amp and the wiring harness are what we are waiting on.

Originally Posted by cardboard
This wiring harness you are talkin about.
Do you know if it is gonna let you wire it up for a Ultra with front and back speakers and you can also wire in Lower speakers in the hard lowers too ?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:16 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Paul and I talked about this and he was working on different options for the ultras, or bikes with rear speakers anyways. I won't speak for him, but I am guessing you willhave a few options with the harness.
I put a set of RF speakers in my lowers. All of the RF speakers are available now. Looks like the amp and the wiring harness are what we are waiting on.
Been trying to call Bagger Nation and email them for days. Nobody answers or calls back.
ARe you sure he is going to make them.
And will he sell the wiring harness by itself.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

I got the modified bracket from East Side Harley to allow mounting the Arc Audio 125.4 mini in the batwing... This mod looks like something you can do at home and I will attempt to make my own with my existing bracket as I swap them out.

The Arc Mini can drive 2Ohm speakers and put out more power than the Rockford.. I have a friend that used to be an Arc dealer and wholesale on that amp is $249.. So you should be able to get them for around $300 if you try hard enough.

I picked up a used one off of Craigslist that looks / work like new.. I paid $280 shipped to my door for the thing....

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

I am sure last time I talked to him a few weeks ago, he was working on all that stuff, but not sure if he will sell the harness alone or not? Last time I called, left message, the next day one of the guys called me back to answer questions. There is another thread here someplace about his customer service. Guess they are way behind but doing all they can to catch up and trying there best to make it right for everyone. Some say it is worth it, some say it is not. I had to do the same with Scott, leave a message that is, but he called back within minutes.

Originally Posted by cardboard
Been trying to call Bagger Nation and email them for days. Nobody answers or calls back.
ARe you sure he is going to make them.
And will he sell the wiring harness by itself.

Quick Reply: New Rockford Fosgate mini amp?