Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rockford Fosgate mini amp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 12:15 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Plug and Play

Pual Yaffe will be selling a wiring harnes for it like he does now with the HW stuff or like John does from J&M. This takes care of, just like SL says, everthing except the power and ground runs, and the RCA's if you use low level outputs. I will try to be one of the first on the block with the new RF 4 channel and will do as good of job as I can with the write up on here. The wait is killing me, but has given me time to think about lowers. Got blessing from the wife the other day, she says anything we keep in there, we can certainly fit in another bag someplace.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiring is straight forward really.. The orange wire near the headlight is what you tie in to for accessory power / remote turn on.. A one foot 8 guage from the battery to a 30 inline fuse that will tuck in to the battery comparment (make sure to get a good fuse holder that wont break / become brittle from heat or allow the cables to get disconnected) then about four feet of 8 guage up in to the fairing.. Removing the tank is a pain,some people can do it with the tank lifted slightly, I am not so fortunate... You will want a little wire loom to cover your 8 guage as well.. Then a short piece of 8 guage ground to that bolt near the neck... Simple simple simple... I ran all the power for my JVC-KDX77 (power / ground / accessory) from my amp that's sitting right on top of the head unit, used it's power input like a distribution block. Works great.

If you are using the factory head unit Arc Audio sells a good wiring kit that includes all of the power wire / connectors etc. that you need.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does that bracket work on a Road Glide?

Old 04-03-2011, 05:04 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Genius!!

Originally Posted by 141 Starlifter
To all who are interested I have been working on a XM/iPod module/CB module relocation bracket that adds a shelf for an amp on top of the stereo. This is a two screw very easy 5 min install. I have 30 of them I picked up today and I am selling them at a discount to members who can give me feedback. I am also a Rockford Fosgate dealer and I have been working with the PBR 300 1 channel amp as a mock up for the PBR300 4 channel amp. I have 20 of these amps ordered and will offer a discount as well. Any one who wants more info email me. Brackets priced at 39.95 galvanized steel.
This is a GREAT idea. I found one from an HFD member and it worked out great, but I was lucky. He put the J&M kit in a street glide so he did not need the bracket. Just a heads up, ya might want to mention this to Drew or any of the guys at Dr V. I looked to them for one and he said he gets that question often. Good luck to you.
Kris

Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 AM
141 Starlifter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you that is a great idea

Old 04-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I test fitted 141 Starlifter's bracket and it works as designed. It fits around the HK head unit; secures via the two screw locations on the HK head unit; and, the CB module installs on the bottom portion of the bracket. I started a thread today with more information on the bracket for those interested:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...allations.html

I'll also be buying the RF amp from him; he reports that the amp is supposed to be available second week of May according to his RF rep.

Carl

Old 04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Sounds like nice little amp and what a freaking small footprint! For price it'd even be great choice for 2 channel operation.....150watt x2 @ 4ohms.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acchd
Sounds like nice little amp and what a freaking small footprint! For price it'd even be great choice for 2 channel operation.....150watt x2 @ 4ohms.
From the specs...."This amplifier is only capable of being run at 4-Ohms"

Old 04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
From the specs...."This amplifier is only capable of being run at 4-Ohms"
You misunderstood I was speaking of 2 channel operation vs 4 channel amp operation. As far as 4 ohm speaker impedance you raise that's great by Focal's likey

Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acchd
You misunderstood I was speaking of 2 channel operation vs 4 channel amp operation. As far as 4 ohm speaker impedance you raise that's great by Focal's likey
Indeed I did.

Quick Reply: New Rockford Fosgate mini amp?