Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rockford Fosgate mini amp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:31 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADASSCOP
looks like a great price for a great brand! Im in!
I will do my best to keep everyone posted when they are actually available. I, just like many others can't wait because we have or I have anyways grown up with the RF stuff and know the history of the products. Almost already mid March!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:16 AM
jmartig
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
I will do my best to keep everyone posted when they are actually available. I, just like many others can't wait because we have or I have anyways grown up with the RF stuff and know the history of the products. Almost already mid March!!!
Any new news? I just ordered my leds and my arnott alden air ride and I want t do my audio! LOL

Old 03-15-2011, 11:58 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Latest

Not sure if it is new news or not, but I learned the delay was getting one of the parts for the amps internal works. I guess there were some components that RF disaproved due to quality and it took some time to replace them with quality parts and now they are trying to get them together. Yaffe still thinks end of May, beggining of June. All I know for now.
Kris

Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Was looking for a 4 channel amp before finally buttoning up my handlebar install. Was hoping this would be on the market by now (looked into it months ago). Shows shipping now for May, guess I'll just have to take the fairing off again later.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...5&locale=en_US

Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Salinas44
Cruiser

Just finished new bars and new front end stuff. Have new pipes ordered and should be here this week. Was thinking sound system would be next mod especially since these pipes are gonna be a TAD BIT louder than stock. Think I will switch to the Air Ride mod next and hold off till May or June for the sound. Thx for all the info guys. Also was a kid of the 80's and if ya didn't have a Rockford Punch and 4-6x9's you just didn't have a stereo, lol.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
welldigger
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by allofus81
I used a 250 watt Wetsounds amp I got from throttle-upindustries.com and 4 Rockford Fosgate speakers with two tweeters. The speakers I am running in the stock location have a part number P-1652-S they are a component speaker. The speakers I am running down lower facing the forks on a Road Glide have a part number P-1S652 they are shallower speakers so that I did not have to cut up my glove boxes. I ran the two in the stock location with the amp last summer and loved it so I decided to add two more this winter. All my buddies were standing around the first time we sparked off all 4 speakers and let me tell you the smile one my face was HUGE my buds just shook their heads and said WHY DO YOU NEED IT THAT LOUD! I simply said because I can. These speakers are crystal clear you can hear every note well worth the money I spent. Get them off of ebay CHEAP!

Are you running the stock Head Unit? I'm lost when it comes to Ohms. I thought you needed to run a 2 ohm speaker on the stock head units? And I've also noticed the PBR300X is only a 4ohm amp. It says it can not be run any other way. Does this work for HK units?
After going back and forth for months between J&M Rokkers and Rockford Fosgate, I'm even more confused today. I've always had RF stuff and loved it.
Is it just a matter of how you wire it?

Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
06GliderGuy
Tourer

Following closely. I have also always had RF and love it. My question also is, can I run the new RF amp with the stock deck.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:50 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hogbling
There is nothing out there better than Rockford Fosgate. I had an 08 Nissan Titan with a fgactory RF system . I was so much more than any previous system i've had.

You will not go wrong buying Fosgate.......Unmatched performance and quality.
LMFAO... Current Rockford Fosgate products are mid-fi... The best amps they made were their old Power 650 / 1000 Mosfets and the trans-ana stuff... There are MUCH better amp manufactures than Rockford Fosgate, Arc Audio, Zapco, Genesis, Brax, just to name a few....

I am not bashing on this amp, haven't heard it, would like to compare it to my Arc Mini... The fact that the new RF amp only supports 4 ohm loads is concerning though.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 PM
97badfatboy
Intermediate

Is the Fosegate amp going to be a plug and play unit?

Old 03-29-2011, 06:22 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by 97badfatboy
Is the Fosegate amp going to be a plug and play unit?
Technically all amps are plug and play.. But the reality is you will need to run at least an 8Guage power wire from the battery and then an 8 guage ground wire to complete the power circuit. Then you will need to adapt the speaker outputs of your factory head to go to the inputs of the amp, either high level or through an RCA adapter. It's pretty straight forward. Amp / Speaker upgrade takes less than two hours to complete and that's taking your time.

Quick Reply: New Rockford Fosgate mini amp?