Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed trailers ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:18 AM
RVTRKN
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Enclosed trailers ???

I'm looking at buying an enclosed trailer to haul my FLHTK, what are the better trailers and some opinions please.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 AM
hcubed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hallmark and Pace make good trailers. I have had both of them...a 12 x 6 x 6' 6" high inside and a 20 x 8 x 6' 6" high race care trailer and would call a toss up on the quality.

IMHO, the top of the line trailer would be Featherlite. They are more expensive than any other brand, but their all aluminmum construction keeps the weight down, reducing the effort to pull them. This runs the cost upward. They hold their value too.

If I was in the market for a new trailer I would go for a Featherlite in a heartbeat, damn the cost.

Check cargo and motorcycle trailers out on the web. There are many brands to choose from.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:38 AM
steelpony5555
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how much money you wanna spend. Lots of custom trailers out there but if you want cheap just trot on down to Lowes and pick one out in the size you need. I got one of the 6X12. Now I knew it was gonna travel long distances and a lot. So I beefed up the floor with 3/4 plywood so now it is rock solid, and I added some heavier D rings on the floor. It has been all over the country and have never had a problem. If you don't like the whiteness you can always buy some decals for it. I put bullet holes all over mine and people love it.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM
nickeenoo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been in the construction industry all my life. I've seen a lot of trailers taken off road that were pulled by employees that didn't care and the trailers were loaded down well beyond their weight rating. Of all the trailers I've seen, Interstate trailers seem to hold up the best. Pace and Haulmark seem to be ok and roughly equivalent. Mirage is terrible (I owned one of those).

Nate

Old 01-26-2011, 09:14 AM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

I bought a Haulmark TS5X10 Cargo trailer. Fits my RK perfect. Should fit your ultra.
Plenty of height, but you might want the extra width of the 6X10 or 6X12. It was relatively inexpensive, even with the options, compared with some others. Tracks really well. I don't even know I'm hauling it.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:58 AM
lazyace13
Advanced
Default One of the Best!

Try one of these! The best, lightweight and so "sporty"! They'll be at Bike Week.

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/

Old 01-27-2011, 06:04 AM
captsluggo
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The single axle trailers from Home Depot and Lowes have the same load rating, barely enough, the 6 X 12 is easy to overload. If you are going to tow with the diesel in your sig, you sure can handle just about any trailer.
I have seen too many of the 3500 lb versions with bent axles and wasted tires. Even if you load under the GVW, think about what happens when you hit a pothole or a rough road. With a suitable tow vehicle, I recommend a tandem axle trailer.
Captsluggo

Old 01-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a "Carry On" brand 7 x 12 dual axle w/elec brakes. Same one sold at Lowes but I got mine from a factory rep in Waco.

I added E-Tracks, painted the floor with garage floor paint and added a 5k D-ring in the rear center.

On the front wall I added some Gladiator Gear Track to hold different items.

I have it set up with 3 wheel chock base pates to accomodate 1 or 2 full size bikes.

My Wheel chocks are from Harbor freight and work well.

Attached Thumbnails Enclosed trailers ???-img_0737.jpg  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is what I have.
http://chariotmanufacturing.com/ Lightweight 1000 lbs, aerodynamic, can squeeze 2 Road Kings in it.
Almost bought an IronHorse but I like having a side door for access and not having to crawl over bikes.
Screen door option for rally camping is available on just about any trailer.

Last edited by Razorback; 01-27-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: pics
Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 AM
grandparon45
Advanced

Look at the snowmobile trailers with the front doors for ride on, ride off, advantage.

Quick Reply: Enclosed trailers ???