Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed trailers ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 01:20 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tjjtande11
Sure area lot of talk about trailers thought we were supposed to ride them not give them a ride than again it is has turned into trailer week at Sturgis & Daytona!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the bump, this thread is over a year old.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trailers? Trailers? We don' need no steekin' trailers...

As I always say, "If you see my bike on a trailer, call a cop!"

Old 02-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tjjtande11
Sure area lot of talk about trailers thought we were supposed to ride them not give them a ride than again it is has turned into trailer week at Sturgis & Daytona!!!!!!!!!!
Nice to hear from you, looking forward to next years post.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:42 PM
MikeTD3
Road Master

Received 228 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdgray
Nice to hear from you, looking forward to next years post.
Haha!....Funny stuff right there.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow Joe, This thread just popped up and I see i did not answer you. The flip out bed is the pop up tent on the left side. That is a queen length bed but narrower. Still plenty of room for the wife and I. It comes with a 4" memory foam mattress.

That bed lining sounds like a good option. I have not done anything to it yet. We ended up moving and also helped a buddy move. That trailer has been great and had no idea how much we would us it. As soon as it warms up I will be adding some kind of finish. The paint additive sounds good as well. Yea we need something and definitely don't want slippery.

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
Checked out your PhotoBucket, impressive trailer and like your work.
What is the option for the flip out bed referred to? I have been in contact for pricing for a very similar trailer and thinking that could be a great option, its not listed..

Joe

Old 02-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 9,283 Likes on 3,193 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny D
Trailers? Trailers? We don' need no steekin' trailers...

As I always say, "If you see my bike on a trailer, call a cop!"
if you see my bike on a trailer its because I'm escaping sub-zero temperatures and a foot of snow

Old 02-28-2016, 05:21 PM
tgifford5
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this 6x10 Bravo single axel... I don't think I would go smaller.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:01 AM
greengiant6
Stage III
Default enclosed cargo trailer reviews

I have owned several trailers and I can tell you get whatyou pay for. There are some really crappy cargo trailer built in S GA, butthere are some nice ones built there as well. I like all tubing frames. theyhold up much better and stronger. I used cargotrailerguide.com to do shop formy cargo trailer. Good site and has all the factories and dealers listed. Onlyplace I have found that has cargo trailer user reviews.

I like Arising trailers cause they have all tubing frames. Thereare others but I can't recall their names. They are listed on cargotrailerguide.com.

Make sure and ask if they paint the bottom. Some of those idiotsdon't paint where you can't see!

Old 08-16-2017, 12:06 PM
LocoPilot750
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a new 6x10 Interstate enclosed trailer with ramp door. I could just drop the door, ride the bike in against the chock, and strap it down and go. But, when I closed the trailer up, I was getting condensation on the chrome parts, especially the lower transmission sides and on the oil tank at the oil level line. The trailer had good seals, and was almost air tight, with no ventilation. One thing to watch for on smaller trailers is windshield height and whether it will fit under the rear door way. So I sold the trailer and the Heritage, now I'm waiting for the 18 Ultra Limiteds to come in. Also looking for another 6x10 trailer, but will have find a way to keep the bike dry this time. Maybe upper and lower side vent for traveling, and a roof vent, light, or fan for the times it sits for weeks at a time.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:41 AM
jenglish007
2nd Gear
Default Standard Box Trailers - Aerodynamic Trailers

I have to say that I have rode motorcycles since i was 5 so pretty much all my life. I have pulled the really nice box trailers and while they were functional they just were a bear to pull. Wind shear, MPG, and Visibility always were issues. Then I discovered something that made sense. Although it was a little bit more expensive than a box trailer when I hooked to it, I was sold. It combined aerodynamics with lightweight and usefulness. It was an Ironhorse Trailer. Well thought out, easy to load and unload. Did not kill my MPG and had little to no wind shear even on the interstate at 80mph. I dont think I would ever use another trailer to haul a motorcycle again other than this one. I am impressed. The money I saved on gas alone was worth it, not to mention people always ask what it is and where it came from. There is a small plant in middle Tennessee where they build them. They have a few dealers around the U.S. Very friendly and the new ones have an outstanding 4 years of warranty. Never got that with my box trailer. My One Bike trailer weights 765 pounds, has a 2000 pound torsion axle, with LED lighting. Love mine. Their website is www.ironhorsetrailers.com

Attached Thumbnails Enclosed trailers ???-one_bike_lft_frnt.jpg  
Attached Images