Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tjd custom bags

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 PM
BLK ST GlIDE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tjd custom bags

Hi has any body use this bags.. TJD Customs...
Let me know how are they worth it...
Thanks

Old 01-25-2011, 05:26 PM
brunosrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search feature is a wonderful thing; have a look at this
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...d-customs.html

Old 01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
blackswampbiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a thread on here about them and the common census is they are junk. They take alot of massaging to make work by the time your done you would be better off buy a good set and I guess the customer service is pathetic. I am going to get my begs from sinister, some of the guys here use top shop but I think the sinister begs look a tad better not to mention they are made out of ABS not fiberglass and they are close to the same price as top shop

Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't have them up my *** if I had room for a road grader...
I ordered a trunk and the extended bags with cut outs. the bags had no cut outs and were very rough. the trunk lid was very flimsy and did not fit well at all. the lid and the trunk had cut marks up into them so far that they needed to be glassed again to be useable. all of it needed more work and $$$ to get them in useable condition that I basically gave them away and bought different stuff. I sent emails and left messages to no avail.

Now all that being said, if you are a good fiberglass/body man and willing to put in a lot of work, for the cost they might be for you. I just wouldn't expect to sand paint and mount because that ain't happening.

Good luck, and remember you get what you pay for. I forgot that and it cost me about $300.00.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:42 PM
BLK ST GlIDE
Advanced
Default saddle bags

thanks guys I'll go with top shop bags....

Old 01-26-2011, 09:29 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tjdcustoms
At TJD customs are continually working on making the best product at the best price. In the past 4 months we have changed our hole process and the parts are coming out perfect with no complaints. We have also just finished making new molds to produce. ABS PLASTIC parts for our customers that prefer plastic. I'm very sorry for the way the previous customer fills and I emailed him several time try to make it right and even offering free product to show him we do make quality parts.
you can always send me a set of extended bags and I'll post a unbiased opinion and review

Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
you can always send me a set of extended bags and I'll post a unbiased opinion and review
That's a good one leo. Your on top of your game today...:

Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

My bags and fender are TJD Customs. They were a little slow to ship and their customer service needs some polishing. At $300 for the bags and fender thru E-bay, I knew they would not be bolt-on and go. I have several hours in mounting and finishing the bags. Fender was not too bad. With 3ft of snow on the ground most of last winter, I had plenty of time to work on them. If you can do the work yourself they aren't a bad deal. If you are paying by the hour you might want to look elsewhere.

Attached Thumbnails Tjd custom bags-newbars1.jpg  
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
6burgh
Advanced

Still no complaints here, you can't beat the price. By the way, TJD Customs, since your using a picture of my bike on your web site can I get a discount on future purchases?

Old 10-08-2011, 07:11 AM
The Justice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BLK ST GlIDE
Hi has any body use this bags.. TJD Customs...
Let me know how are they worth it...
Thanks
I spoke with a bike builder just yesterday and the feedback on TJD Customs was very poor. The quality of the bags and lids were so bad he refused to install them and turned the customer away.

Quick Reply: Tjd custom bags