Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

say goodbye for a few models for 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011 | 02:20 AM
leohd
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleyboyddk
Heritage Springer, black springer front end, black wheels including spokes and nipples. And throw in the black cylinders and silver heads without highlighted cooling fins from the Softail Dark. Sweet looking motor.

you must be old.. that motor looks like full circle back to my ol shovelhead minus the rocker boxes...great touch on harleys part

Last edited by leohd; 01-25-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2011 | 04:18 AM
ThunderBueller
Road Master

Originally Posted by leohd
agreed plus one, they also discontinued that yellow and black bumblebee paintjob for fuglies. paintjob was a test on how ugly can a fugly get. personally I think the minimal pinstripes on the 09 and up were a big improvement
Coming from a guy riding an old mans bike that's been blacked out. How completely original of you. Gee, it's not like you don't see 20 of those geezer gliders everyday.

Old 01-25-2011 | 04:39 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired

FXCWC Softail Rocker C, FLSTSB Softail Cross Bones and FLHXXX Street Glide Trike will be no mo...maybe a fugly trike will replace the flhxxx???
Bad on you Leo, now you've caused my wife to cry! She loves her Trike. Maybe it'll be worth more money now.....NOT!

Old 01-25-2011 | 05:27 AM
Sarge1
Cruiser

IMO the ugliest bike they made was the Rocker... I've seen a lot on the show room floor, but never on the road.

FXCWC Softail Rocker C, FLSTSB Softail Cross Bones and FLHXXX Street Glide Trike will be no mo...maybe a fugly trike will replace the flhxxx???

Old 01-25-2011 | 05:45 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I keep expecting the moco to jump on this concept. It's been done pretty successfully in the aftermarket, and these bikes look so cool in person.

Looks interesting. Wonder why they would use a frame mounted sharknose fairing?

Old 01-25-2011 | 06:44 AM
cycler
Road Master

I never understood why the MOCO just didnt change that ugly looking seat on the Rocker and make it look like the heartland kit. It would have probably saved them a few $'s if they put a normal looking seat and fender in the beginning. But instead they had to create something out of the oridinary.

Old 01-25-2011 | 07:01 AM
DRAFT1
Tourer

I heard their putting the RG fairing on the left over rockers. Their called "Rockie Roads" and you can plan to see them in Octorber. Fugly or not , I'm buying one.

Old 01-25-2011 | 09:34 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

I just got an email today about a new dark custom softail - it is on the HD site.

Old 01-25-2011 | 09:45 AM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RK09RK
A nice set of headlights always livens up the conversation, especially on high beam ;-)
+1 LMAO. Get teased about the looks of my RGC until the sun goes down. Then they stick me and my dual PIAA goldwing snout right up front!

I must admit, I don't think it's pretty either until I want lots of light...or storage boxes...or easy parking...or high speed stability.

Old 01-25-2011 | 09:51 AM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I'll be sorry to see the Crossbones dropped from the lineup. That is a great looking scoot, maybe the best looking of all the softails. The Rocker? Well, who didn't see that one coming. They look good with a Heartland kit, but otherwise, it's a bike that no one is going to miss. As far as the three wheel Harleys, they aren't even on my radar.

Well, like james says, maybe they will bring bring back the Heritage springer.
Polly will. Read in one of the mags a year or so back that the springer was dropped for a redesign like the WG, and the economics just pushed it back.

Last edited by mfuchs2004; 01-25-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: say goodbye for a few models for 2012