Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21 inch wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:11 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2005sg
I guess leo hd doesnt have anything more to say,lol.......Oh ya, i see he changed his pic,but still has a pic up of a R G that has no sign of being ridden or even owned by anyone.Sorry guys but this guy rubs me the wrong way,always something negative and smart a#s to say about everything....id bet my last dollar he is a poser. I had to get that off my chest...lmao
HAHA not gonna waste my time posting a pic of my bike for you..had plenty posted do a search you will see them. or are you too slow to know how to do a search?? If I made you mad by stating you can see the back wheel I am truly sorry, but no where near as sorry as I would be if I had your mentality or lack of and if my wheels didn't match...I would rather ride a goldwing at least they have matching wheels.. in regards to your dumb remark about my new bike looking not ridden it is hard to ride with snow on the ground DUH, I'm mov'n on nuthen more to say to you boy. you can have the last word.,,,, sincerely THE POSER WITH MATCHING RSD PM WHEELS

Last edited by leohd; 01-30-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
HAHA not gonna waste my time posting a pic of my bike for you..had plenty posted do a search you will see them. or are you too slow to know how to do a search?? If I made you mad by stating you can see the back wheel I am truly sorry, but no where near as sorry as I would be if I had your mentality or lack of and if I my wheels didn't match...I would rather ride a goldwing at least they have matching wheels.. in regards to your dumb remark about my new bike looking not ridden it is hard to ride with snow on the ground DUH, I'm mov'n on nuthen more to say to you boy. you can have the last word.,,,, sincerely THE POSER WITH MATCHING RSD PM WHEELS
LMFAO.. Leo ya finally admitted it. Known you for a pretty good long while now and guess all your trips to your psychotherapist have finally paid off. FWIW, wheels IMHO gotta match becuz if ya open da eyes assuming they are functioning, ya can see it. However, to each his own and BTW Mr. Poser, those matching RSD PM Wheels look pretty damn good.

Back to the game, nuff said.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:30 PM
AZSN8S
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by devildog_cbr
I am wanting to put a 21" front chrome wheel, may get chrome factory rear wheel as suggested, 4" extended bags. Anyone think that the 21" wheel is worth the $ ? I have heard that it drastically changes the ride. I like the look, but want a great ride also. Any suggestions?
I have a 21" front wheel and didn't notice the ride or handling being affected. My bike had already been lowered in the rear with Progressive Air Tail Shocks. I definitely disliked the added seat height after the 21". I lowered the front back down with Progressive Springs and not only did I regain my original seat height but there was a NOTICEABLE IMPROVEMENT IN THE RIDE AND HANDLING OVER THE STOCK FRONT WHEEL.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Shredd522
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive seen a few and they look totally bad ***. do it.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I too am wondering if the ride is going to change with the addition of a 21" front. I am on the fence trying to decide if I want the 21 or 18 on the front. I did have my bike lowered some already, SG shocks in the back and the HD lowering kit on the front. I think thats an 1" front and back. I was told a 21" will raise the front about an 1 1/4" and provide a somewhat stiffer ride... Gotta decide soon, spring is just around the corner(I hope)...

Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 21 inch wheel

I also lowered my front end 2" after adding a 21" wheel, lowered it for 2 reasons, rear was already lowered and I wanted a different look. I used Progressives monotube front end, I can not even describe how much better the bike handles, well worth the money. In fact I'm so sold on the front that I'm thinking about going to progressive for the rear even though the shocks I have are fairly new.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I have about 500 miles on mine now. Lowered the front 1" with the progressive drop in kit. I also added ricor intiminators. I would say ride and handling are much improved over stock.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 AM
devildog_cbr
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Will take a look at these kits. Anyone heard about the new lower gas shocks from HD? Seen them in Easyriders this month. Did not know how much they lowered the back.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

for lowerin the front race tech is far superior over progressive..

Old 02-01-2011, 04:57 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
for lowerin the front race tech is far superior over progressive..
Has any magazine or third party done a comparison test to establish this claim? I'd like to see it.

Quick Reply: 21 inch wheel