Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project 2011 on my 2010 Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 PM
inverse121
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I am sure TR spends much more time making sure that his heads perform with his cams than he does making sure his heads perform with someone else's cams. I also believe he is the kind of guy that will do his best on your heads even if you use the Wood cams.

I am not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but what makes you think you are smarter than TR himself and can build as better combo than he can? Its been said over and over here, if you are going to spend the money, go with the package from the builder of your choice, don't second guess them. Just trying to be a voice of reason.

Either way, I am looking forward to your build.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Pittsburghglide2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a jerk at all. I understand what you are saying. I know by far Im not smarter then them ....im at a first graders level.....they have there masters.......

I guess my reasoning is the cams are really close in numbers how they will play in the end I do not really know .......

I trust TMan and Woods they know there **** ........

When talking to Tman about Woods he said its the same cam ......when talking to Woods he said of course his cam is like Tmans with some improvements.....I know they are selling there stuff and so they should or they wouldnt be in business ......

So to answer you ......you are right I should stay with the package deal but the only variable is the cam, which can be changed ....so I am straying ever so slightly outside the crowd but if it fails ......I sell the woods and buy Tman .....

UNLESS I change my mind by the weeks end on the cam .......

I like your thinking tho......keep it coming ....

Last edited by Pittsburghglide2010; 01-24-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like your choice of wheels size for the front, going with the 19"... i'm most likely gonna do the same myself this Spring.

i just wish SOMEONE OTHER THEN HD would make a 19 x 3.5.

I look forward to seeing pics of the 19x3...and getting your opinion on it.

I'm curious...what tire / size are you going with?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Pittsburghglide2010
Cruiser

I agree with the 3.5..........I am going to run 120 by 70 by 19. I want as fat as I can on the front and back. Just like a woman.....fat in the back....fat in the front ....just not low front .....

Thanks about the wheels. ...they werent my first pick. I was going with one rotor......but with ABS and the weight of the bike ....I declined. I like the wheels due to the sort of boring center that the rotors will cover ......should look ok .......not sure about the fender but I need to hold off ......

Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Pittsburghglide2010
Cruiser
Default It has Begun.

Saturday since there was 6 inches of snow on the ground and 10 degrees outside I carted my bike to the Indian shop near my home where I have all my work done. There is a guy by the name of Randy who has a plethroa of knowledge and the only one I like to work on my bike. He is an old school biker that has worked on every bike known to man. A straight shooter, who is always there to trouble shoot even when you are playing mechanic......................With that below is the current state of my baby ......the heads are off and I am currently packing them for shipment........I cant wait for all my packages to come ......what an upcoming birthday present ........

Attached Thumbnails Project 2011 on my 2010 Bagger-bike3_edited-1.jpg   Project 2011 on my 2010 Bagger-bike2_edited-1.jpg   Project 2011 on my 2010 Bagger-bike1_edited-1.jpg  
Old 01-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
Nice list.
I'd change one thing, though.
I'd scratch the cylinder studs, not needed with that build.
Spend the cylinder stud money on painting your inner fairing.
I was going to say the same thing about the studs, until I read this post.

I wouldn't disturb the threads at all and leave the stock ones alone.
Might do more harm than good.

You can ebay those or return them.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Did you lock in a cam yet?

Seems that you need to do that before deciding what compression to have your heads set up for. Of course your builder can always mill a little off them during final assembly.

I look forward to seeing which way you go.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Pittsburghglide2010
Cruiser

Compression is 10:5......I got the Woods 555....
The main reason for the change in cylinder studs is my builder had issues with the stock ones twice in a build the same as mine and one bigger. So I opted for his advise and purchased them. Why would it do more harm then good ....just curious .....

Old 01-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by Pittsburghglide2010
Compression is 10:5......I got the Woods 555....
The main reason for the change in cylinder studs is my builder had issues with the stock ones twice in a build the same as mine and one bigger. So I opted for his advise and purchased them. Why would it do more harm then good ....just curious .....
I get overly paranoid sometimes. LOL

If you bugger up the soft threads in the case, they might pull loose later.
Trust your builder. He must have had a reason for his advice.

That bike should scream with that compression.
I hope you have access to good fuel in your area.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Garcou
Club Member

I'd go with the 590 cam Myself, Yes Iam biased, but in my defense I ran woods TW-6-6's before, great bolt in power but I wanted pull all the way through and the ability to do roll on wheelies ;D

Quick Reply: Project 2011 on my 2010 Bagger