Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 120R crate "plus" motor hits the streets-Bagger Cams and a little extra work

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
The uncorrected Dyno sheet posted earlier showed 128tq at 2900 rpms, was jim able to tweak some more out of her? It looks like to me the torque only shifted maybe 200 or 300rpm to the left compared to mine with the 266E.

Jim is still tweaking

Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

Originally Posted by Eric in chicago
Jim is still tweaking
That guy just doesn't know the word quit. Regardless it looks like a great build for your application.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jim is still tweaking
once Jim is done maybe you can have kownacki tweak it, I'm sure you heard of him Eric, at 1st I thought you were gonna be able to beat him at the Illinois harley dyno shootout
Unlimited Evo HP Torque Average
John Kownacki 1994 116″ Dyna Super Glide 148.9 hp 141.0 torque 144.95 average
all John got is a lil ol 1994 116 cu. in. evo and he does work on bikes in chicago

Last edited by leohd; 01-22-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

Originally Posted by leohd
....Illinois harley dyno shootout
Unlimited Evo HP Torque Average
John Kownacki 1994 116″ Dyna Super Glide 148.9 hp 141.0 torque 144.95 average
all John got is a lil ol 1994 116 cu. in. evo and he does work on bikes in chicago

How do you calculate an average?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain

Originally Posted by itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
How do you calculate an average?
hp + tq divided by 2

Leo, I have seen John's #/wins. pretty impressive.
not looking for dyno shoot outs, the build/tune was not done win anything but to ride anywhere, any temp with any gas. Could have pushed it more but did not want to flirt with reliability issues, real or imagined. I think this will be more than fast enough for my needs. (for now) Will see how things hold up this year and may change it again next winter. Lots of good tuners closer than Jim, but he's my guy. Lots of trust in him.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 PM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That thing is a beast!!! I hope it came with some extra boxers to change!

mikebaby

Old 01-23-2011, 12:11 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Jim is still tweaking
... didn't 'tweaking' used to be illegal ? ....

... go Bears

Old 01-23-2011, 01:00 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

hp + tq divided by 2

Leo, I have seen John's #/wins. pretty impressive.
not looking for dyno shoot outs, the build/tune was not done win anything but to ride anywhere, any temp with any gas. Could have pushed it more but did not want to flirt with reliability issues, real or imagined. I think this will be more than fast enough for my needs. (for now) Will see how things hold up this year and may change it again next winter. Lots of good tuners closer than Jim, but he's my guy. Lots of trust in him.
Kownacki is a trip, don't think he could help ya too much. he kicks *** on the dyno shootouts but still runs a carburetor, don't think he messes with injection that much. lotta people don't think his bike is reliable and ridable but he rides that dyna and will wheelie it at 60 mph no problem. just thought with all the money ya have in that motor that you could have raised the bar at IL. HD for the dyno shootout...guess you would rather just go there for cigars..the numbers above for kownacki were not his best . that dyno was with a blown head gasket. bottom line Eric is you have one hell of a bad *** motor!!!!! cheers GO BEARS!!!!!

Last edited by leohd; 01-23-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 AM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice Eric. My dealer finished my 120 up on Friday and I went in yesterday and heard it run, it punches ya right in the chest when you hit the ignite button. Its too cold here to even put it on the dyno to adjust the base map for break in (dyno pulls in to much make up air from outside) so we only ran it for a minute. I have been thinking about swapping the cams out as well, knowing that the 266 is a high rpm cam and like you want the power shifted a little to the left. I'm gonna run it a while and see how it performs on the street and if I'm not happy switch it out. I'm also wondering how much better Larry was able to get the heads to flow and if looking back do you think it was worth the $$$.

I cant wait to pull up next to some unsuspecting SOB this summer.

Attached Thumbnails Another 120R crate "plus" motor hits the streets-Bagger Cams and a little extra work-p1220003.jpg   Another 120R crate "plus" motor hits the streets-Bagger Cams and a little extra work-p1220002.jpg  

Last edited by SE120RG; 01-23-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 01-23-2011, 08:36 AM
dmaldojr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I've been thinking about doing this motor swap on my 07 SG the parts guy at my local dealer said pick this motor up and a throttle body and just bolt in but after reading everything on here it seems like there's more to it. And didn't metion anything about it not being street legal. Eric very nice and brave to tear in to a brand new create motor

Quick Reply: Another 120R crate "plus" motor hits the streets-Bagger Cams and a little extra work