Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle or Power Commander tuner??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 PM
wellsey
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle or Power Commander tuner??

I recently purchased a Vance and Hines Pro-pipe two into one exhaust for my 2010 SG, getting conflicting advise on whether to install a HD's SC street performance tuner or HD's SC race tuner or go with a power commander.

Anyone having this pipe and what did you use for a tuner?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a PCIII on my 07 RK but chose to go with the SEPST on the new bike because I wanted to retain the O2 sensors.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:35 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stayed with the HD products, of course that is my choice. Warrenty issue......

Old 01-21-2011, 11:58 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mphamrick
I stayed with the HD products, of course that is my choice. Warrenty issue......
What warranty issue?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

I would use neither. With the street tuner you will still have to visit the dealer to have a download flashed and not be able to adjust any tables. The PC being an add on device doesn't allow access to the ecm. The TTS allows full access to the ecm and does not leave a fingerprint (HD can't tell your bike has been tuned). The HD Protuner allows access but leaves a fingerprint. The new PV from Dynojet allows access and has Jamie's (Fuelmoto) great customer support. I don't know if this one leaves a fingerprint.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:23 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

when i had my 08 motor built to a 103, the kit included the sepst, and i'm glad it did. i had the pcv for a few weeks and could not get it dialed in properly after trying a few maps that were supposed to be right for my bike. i sold it, and i'm really happy with the sepst. it's not a piggyback system like the pcv, but after getting the sepst dialed in while my bike was on the dyno, it made a huge difference. there are more opinions on this subject than you can shake a stick at, but this is my opinion. the harley product is not generic at all, it's designed for our harleys, period.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 AM
hellmut73
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why mess with maps? Why mess with trying to find a tuner that can tune properly? If you are looking at the street tuner, I would assume that you are not doing any crazy mods. I would take a look at the Revolution Performance EMS. Easy install and no B.S. Change pipe? No problem, it will adjust. Change cam? No problem, it will adjust. Change Jugs? No problem, it will adjust. No cost for Dyno's, no trying to find the "right" map. I had the SEST and everytime I made a chage I had to throw $300 into another Dyno run. Forget it. Bought a RP EMS.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:17 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hellmut73
Why mess with maps? Why mess with trying to find a tuner that can tune properly? If you are looking at the street tuner, I would assume that you are not doing any crazy mods. I would take a look at the Revolution Performance EMS. Easy install and no B.S. Change pipe? No problem, it will adjust. Change cam? No problem, it will adjust. Change Jugs? No problem, it will adjust. No cost for Dyno's, no trying to find the "right" map. I had the SEST and everytime I made a chage I had to throw $300 into another Dyno run. Forget it. Bought a RP EMS.
Does it adjust timing too?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

Another good suggestion.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:01 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Careful what you wish for

The RP EMS is the most complicated, and difficult "EMS" on the market. Not to mention not designed for 2010+ Touring bikes...they say it is, but don't even mention a 12mm sensor which is heated and requires different circuitry.
The PC V is THE simplest to install AND program. If you've taken all the time and effort to install jugs, ported heads, etc...why the hell do you need a "simple" solution to change fuel perameters? It makes no sense.
If you don't beleive me, read the installation instructions for the RP EMS.

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle or Power Commander tuner??