Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle or Power Commander tuner??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Linville Lion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So which tuner does not leave a footprint? Just the TTS?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:35 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I am cautiously researching the RP EMS. Sold now by a site sponsor and if it works as designed I am all for it.

I have a SEPST with a poor tune so now a PCV with a good (possibly too rich map) over it. Plan on a different dyno shop after cams to use the SEPST with hope he is good with using SEPST. If he is not I a) have to spend a lot of time learning the system and tweaking myself or b) go back to PCV.

If I were an owner looking at my 1st tuner I would dig deep into the RP EMS.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:54 AM
big6x6
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wellsey
I recently purchased a Vance and Hines Pro-pipe two into one exhaust for my 2010 SG, getting conflicting advise on whether to install a HD's SC street performance tuner or HD's SC race tuner or go with a power commander.

Anyone having this pipe and what did you use for a tuner?

Thanks in advance!
Sure do! I have ProPipe, SE Heavy Breather, and SERT. GREAT match IMO. Dealer honors warranty doing bike that way.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:22 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Linville Lion
So which tuner does not leave a footprint? Just the TTS?
The Vision does not leave a foot print either, two options are piggyback and program the factory ECM in this discussion.

All of these just program the factory ECM:
TTS Mastertune
SERT
SEST
SEPST
Power Commander Vision

Piggy back
PCIII
PCV
and others

Replace factory ECM:
Zipper ThunderMax

There are other devices but this covers the major ones.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:46 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hellmut73
Why mess with maps? Why mess with trying to find a tuner that can tune properly? If you are looking at the street tuner, I would assume that you are not doing any crazy mods. I would take a look at the Revolution Performance EMS. Easy install and no B.S. Change pipe? No problem, it will adjust. Change cam? No problem, it will adjust. Change Jugs? No problem, it will adjust. No cost for Dyno's, no trying to find the "right" map. I had the SEST and everytime I made a chage I had to throw $300 into another Dyno run. Forget it. Bought a RP EMS.
How long have you had the RP EMS now? Made any major changes since install?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by wellsey
I recently purchased a Vance and Hines Pro-pipe two into one exhaust for my 2010 SG, getting conflicting advise on whether to install a HD's SC street performance tuner or HD's SC race tuner or go with a power commander.

Anyone having this pipe and what did you use for a tuner?

Thanks in advance!
Yes. 2009 RKC with v&h Pro pipe, 103, 255 cams, SE PRO ST... the sepst allows for custom adjustment to ecm parameters....

Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RK09RK
Yes. 2009 RKC with v&h Pro pipe, 103, 255 cams, SE PRO ST... the sepst allows for custom adjustment to ecm parameters....
That's the same configuration I had on my Fat Bob, the bike ran great with the tune. I'm going for something a little more subdued on the Road Glide, although I hear the hard bags seem to muffle the pipes a bit. I did like that Pro Pipe.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 PM
hellmut73
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
Does it adjust timing too?
I believe that it will only adjust the timing through the ion sensor. Call Revolution Performance. They will talk your ear off.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:15 PM
hellmut73
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dohadex
The RP EMS is the most complicated, and difficult "EMS" on the market. Not to mention not designed for 2010+ Touring bikes...they say it is, but don't even mention a 12mm sensor which is heated and requires different circuitry.
The PC V is THE simplest to install AND program. If you've taken all the time and effort to install jugs, ported heads, etc...why the hell do you need a "simple" solution to change fuel perameters? It makes no sense.
If you don't beleive me, read the installation instructions for the RP EMS.

AAAA?????? If you want to spend money messing with dynos and time trying to figure out maps and all that then you are right, this tuner would not be for you. This tuner has been used on big builds. One of the sponsors here has used it on 124 in builds with good results. And, initial results on 96" and 124" motors, the EMS seems to do just as well as dyno tunes.

I don't know why you think that it is "the most complicated and difficault EMS". It is pretty easy. I have a 2010 Ultra. I bought the sensor adaptors from Rev Perf for $20 and took them to my local muffler shop. 40 minutes later and $38, and I was heading home. Again pretty easy. Or you can send you head pipe to them and they will install and test them for you.

Again call Rev Performance. They can do the product more justice than I can. OR look at reviews on this page and the CVO page. I spoke with two different exhaust companies they both recomended this tuner.