Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bright Ass Lights/Turn Signal Module Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:02 PM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bright *** Lights/Turn Signal Module Question

Has anyone who has done the turn signal module modification on their FLHT had issues with their BAL lights? I would especially be interested if you've also done this modifiaction with your tour pak lights. I have an '09 that I'm thinking of adding the BAL lights. Thanks.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Chief40al
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question, I would also like to know.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Chief_M
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the BAL-1 and HD turn signal modification on my Ultra, and had the same set-up on FLSTC. Works great and keeps the cages of my tail at night.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TxDeuce
Has anyone who has done the turn signal module modification on their FLHT had issues with their BAL lights? I would especially be interested if you've also done this modifiaction with your tour pak lights. I have an '09 that I'm thinking of adding the BAL lights. Thanks.
You should probably specify which modules you are using: HD, Custom Dynamics, etc. and for which application; e.g. rear turn signals functioning as run/brake lighting; side marker lights on tour pak funcitoning as turn signals/brake lights; etc.

I have the HD rear turn signal module that causes them to operate as run and brake lights; and, HD's tour pak turn signal conversion kit that causes the rear run/brake lights on the Ultra tour pak to function as turn signals.
Everything works fine with the BAL-1R on my bike.

Carl

Old 01-21-2011, 08:24 PM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carl it sounds like you've got the exact same set of mods I have. I was told that there might be a problem with the BAL lights with these mods but it sounds like you've had none. Looks like I'll order these lights now! Thanks.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:56 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
You should probably specify which modules you are using: HD, Custom Dynamics, etc. and for which application; e.g. rear turn signals functioning as run/brake lighting; side marker lights on tour pak funcitoning as turn signals/brake lights; etc.

I have the HD rear turn signal module that causes them to operate as run and brake lights; and, HD's tour pak turn signal conversion kit that causes the rear run/brake lights on the Ultra tour pak to function as turn signals.
Everything works fine with the BAL-1R on my bike.

Carl

Old 01-21-2011, 09:00 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Harleypingman, what about the CD tour pac led, you have any idea if they will work with the HD tour pac turn/run/break convertion kit?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Captainjack,

I have no idea--literally no idea and I wouldn't give an opinion since I've see posts about problems with load equalizers/LED's etc. which I have never understood or researched; and I've never used load equalizers or expensive LED's. I have inexpensive LED's in the rear turn signals that I purchased years ago and everything works fine.

Carl

Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HD turn/run/brake module, BAL-1, LED TourPak "AirWing" brake/tail light. No issues and a wonderfully startling attention-getter when you tap-tap-tap the brake if you're being tailgated...

Old 01-22-2011, 12:33 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i'm using the plug in turn signal/taillight module and it works just great with my b.a.l. no problems at all. i like the three lights at the rear when i'm running down the highway. it works great.

Quick Reply: Bright Ass Lights/Turn Signal Module Question