Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with chirp mode

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011 | 06:23 PM
asahi1234
|
Tourer
Default Problem with chirp mode

Need help. I have a 2011 Road King Classic that has the factory alarm. Purchased the horn. Installed it and cannot get it to go into chirp mode. I even tried purchasing a 9volt battery and fully chargeing it and installing it with the same result. Still no chirp mode. I have followed the instruction and still no chirp mode. When I pull the 40amp fuse the siren goes off. So I know the horn works. It is installed correctly. Any suggestion would be greatly appricated.

Old 01-21-2011 | 07:44 PM
wlibert
Road Captain

Try the instructions in the PDF inside the attached ZIP file. I pretty sure they worked for me but it's been awhile.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
ChirpMode.zip (19.4 KB, 373 views)
Old 01-21-2011 | 08:11 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior

You don't have chirp? Mine CAN'T be disabled, I f***ing hate it.

Old 01-21-2011 | 08:59 PM
sanlyn
Road Master

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
You don't have chirp? Mine CAN'T be disabled, I f***ing hate it.
There are instructions in the Owner's manual to enable/disable the Chirp Mode.

Chirp Mode

On arming the chirp mode, the siren responds with two chirps. When disarming, the siren responds with a single chirp.

Switching Modes

Cycling quickly through two armings and disarmings will switch the system from either the chirpless or the chirp mode to its opposite.

1. With the fob present, the ignition switch to ON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition switch to OFF.

2. When the system arms (two flashes of turn signales) immediately turn the ignition switch to ON.

3. Wait until the security lamp goes out, then immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. When the system arms (two flashes of turn signals), immediately turn the ignition switch to ON and wait for system to disarm.

I tested this on mine and it worked great (although I like the chirp mode).

Old 01-21-2011 | 09:17 PM
Retrax
Tourer

Sanlyn's post covered the process that worked on my 09 streetglide. I remember I had to go through the process several times to finally get it to work and I can't remember what I was doing wrong but it eventually worked.

Old 01-21-2011 | 09:20 PM
bigdady
Tourer

it took my a shi* load of time to get mine to chirp its all in the way you do the the set up processes. its a bitch but it will chirp when you get it right

Old 01-21-2011 | 09:26 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sanlyn
There are instructions in the Owner's manual to enable/disable the Chirp Mode.

Chirp Mode

On arming the chirp mode, the siren responds with two chirps. When disarming, the siren responds with a single chirp.

Switching Modes

Cycling quickly through two armings and disarmings will switch the system from either the chirpless or the chirp mode to its opposite.

1. With the fob present, the ignition switch to ON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition switch to OFF.

2. When the system arms (two flashes of turn signales) immediately turn the ignition switch to ON.

3. Wait until the security lamp goes out, then immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. When the system arms (two flashes of turn signals), immediately turn the ignition switch to ON and wait for system to disarm.

I tested this on mine and it worked great (although I like the chirp mode).
Is that for the Smart Siren or Smart Siren II, or does it matter?

Old 01-21-2011 | 11:12 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

---and a quick note for anyone thinking about buying the H-D siren, do a search here. many of us use a $6 radio shack siren on our bikes.

I use 2 so $12 cost.

I get chirps when arming so makes walking away easier, and of course a loud and annoying siren should i move the bike in the garage with the fob not where I thought it was...

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 01-21-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-21-2011 | 11:49 PM
Beach Bagger
Tourer

If the chirp is off, leave it off. The chirp was activated on mine and it gets to be an annoyance real quick. It took several times going through the procedure to turn it off.

Old 01-22-2011 | 03:21 AM
Retrax
Tourer

Originally Posted by mkguitar
---and a quick note for anyone thinking about buying the H-D siren, do a search here. many of us use a $6 radio shack siren on our bikes.

I use 2 so $12 cost.

I get chirps when arming so makes walking away easier, and of course a loud and annoying siren should i move the bike in the garage with the fob not where I thought it was...

mike
I looked into doing this but I bought the smart siren II instead. It has a pager option and the pager has a display which verifies it is in range. It gives me a bit of comfort knowing I will be awakened if someone tries to steal it or some drunk decides to sit on it outside my room.

Quick Reply: Problem with chirp mode