Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

120R deposit paid... 09 FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Phatboy2010
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the videos i have seen on Youtube that engine is stupid fast. Its only a matter of time till a law suit against Harley is filed. For racing only. Don't get me wrong i would like to put one in the Fatty. What do you guys think ? Is it just a matter of time ? Was talking to my dealer and he says if they put it in you have to trailer the bike off the property and sign a release..But they will take your money none the less...

Old 01-21-2011, 11:56 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phatboy2010
From the videos i have seen on Youtube that engine is stupid fast. Its only a matter of time till a law suit against Harley is filed. For racing only. Don't get me wrong i would like to put one in the Fatty. What do you guys think ? Is it just a matter of time ? Was talking to my dealer and he says if they put it in you have to trailer the bike off the property and sign a release..But they will take your money none the less...

It's fast, but still not as fast as many of the crotch rockets. I don't see any more danger here than those. The only thing that really makes this not street legal is the EPA issues.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:35 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

you better start saving up for new rear tires, the rear tire ain't gonna stand a chance. congratulations on your new motor.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master

Originally Posted by Baggnit
Congrats! I ordered mine on Monday and this has been the longest week ever! We may end up with our 120r's before we get out TB's. The SE 58mm TB is on back order until Feb 11th or so.

Taking mine to the shop in the morning (1/22) to drop it off for the tune / install. I decided to go with a different throttle body / manifold, should be interesting to see what kind of results we get. It is going to be a long couple of weeks waiting for the results.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 341 Likes on 205 Posts

120 R group to discuss the awesomeness of this beast?

Old 01-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Baggnit
Advanced

Originally Posted by itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
It's fast, but still not as fast as many of the crotch rockets. I don't see any more danger here than those. The only thing that really makes this not street legal is the EPA issues.
Just look at the Hayabusa 200mph out of the box...at least they use to be.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

I ordered one and then cancelled. Got some good info. from ITSAWORKINPROGRESS. Clutch pull was a concern, but I was willing to accept that. Was ordering the D&D boarzilla exhaust when the 120R became unacceptable because of the noise. I was led to believe that if you lower the decibels of the engine you will encounter heat in the heads and significant loss of power. As I use my bike for long distance touring, I couldn't stand the noise. If I ever hit the lottery, I would like to put this engine in a good used street glide just for fun.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Baggnit
Advanced

Originally Posted by jmorganroadglide
I ordered one and then cancelled. Got some good info. from ITSAWORKINPROGRESS. Clutch pull was a concern, but I was willing to accept that. Was ordering the D&D boarzilla exhaust when the 120R became unacceptable because of the noise. I was led to believe that if you lower the decibels of the engine you will encounter heat in the heads and significant loss of power. As I use my bike for long distance touring, I couldn't stand the noise. If I ever hit the lottery, I would like to put this engine in a good used street glide just for fun.

Which order did you cancel? The Motor, Boarzilla or both?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Both. I had ordered the crate engine. Sixty days delivery is what the book said. Never ordered the exhaust. Kind of funny that I felt that if I tried to tone down the noise or the clutch pull, why do the 120r at all. Itsaworkinprogress got some incredible dyno numbers by doing the real deal. Another build was not impressive at all.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=FLHXHS;7812043]Did a Primo clutch upgrade for $800.

Good choice on the clutch, make sure you get the "Gold" clutch spring, the silver spring that ships is too weak, I assume your getting the VPC as part of the package. If not, you will probaly want that.
My motor went on the dyno yesterday, we had the silver spring and it was un usable, put the gold spring in and it hooked up with out slipping, my bike is putting out 144Tq/130hp (uncorrected) but we tweaked some stuff and are running a "bagger" cam. Will post a build/dyno on another thread here.

Quick Reply: 120R deposit paid... 09 FLHX