Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headpipe Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
rk10
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Headpipe Reviews

Im a newbie and have been "trolling" this forum ever since I purchased a 2010 Road King, I love the bike but was not aware of the "cat" till I learned about it on these forums. Thanks! Bike doesnt have the sound I want and cooks my wifes foot. I have read most of the posts about "gutting the cat", but Im like Homer Simpson when it comes to that type of stuff. I have decided to buy an aftermarket headpipe. Im leaning towards Fulsac because its ceramic coated but I would like to have some opinions from people who are in the know. Cost is a factor! Thanks in ADVANCE!!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
brockstwrt
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the jackpot stainless head pipe. I'm very happy with my setup. Sound is great and the bike runs much stronger after ac, exhaust, and tune. Fit was perfect and install was very easy.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi there and welcome.

I have the fullsac headpipe and like it. It's a stepped header and is ceramic coated, plus it's good quality and made by a reputable shop. All that equals improved performance, sound, and makes it run/feel cooler.

You'll find most on this forum are partial to Fuel Moto's headpipe, which is also excellent quality, and is made by a reputable shop, so it's your decision.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Robert_W
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If you like the 2-1-2 look, the 2009 stock header exhaust does not have the cats in them. You might fine a used set on the forum by someone that upgraded to an aftermarket product at a decent price.

Ride safe,

Bob.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,167 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Our ceramic coated stainless steel head pipes will start shipping in the next several weeks. This silver sterling HTC ceramic coating features 3 mil internal / 4 mil external coating an is a $99.00 option, and like the rest of our stainless head pipes will have a lifetime warranty.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Our ceramic coated stainless steel head pipes will start shipping in the next several weeks. This silver sterling HTC ceramic coating features 3 mil internal / 4 mil external coating an is a $99.00 option, and like the rest of our stainless head pipes will have a lifetime warranty.

Glad I have been holding out. What is up next?!?!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the jackpot headpipe. They claim increases of 14 tq and 14 hp with the dyno tuned mufflers and my dyno tuner (Doc's Performance Tuning) reached those numbers when mine was tuned.

Here are my reviews:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/fuel-...rs-review.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...ce-tuning.html

Old 01-20-2011, 07:46 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Sound, heat, and cost seem to be your concerns. You first have to decide what is most important and go from there. On the cheap, you could wrap your OEM head pipe and get a good set of used slip ons for the sound. I believe you have the factory 2 into 1, if you are ok with keeping the 2:1 look, the FM headpipe can't be beat for quality, craftsmanship, and performance. I retofit the FM 2:1 pipe on my '06 88", with a '10 factory muffler. The sound is unique, not wimpy stock but not abrasive harsh either, it sounds pretty damn good to me. The pipe is expensive, but still cheaper than a complete system, and it maintains a stock appearance. The Fullsac is similar, except they employ a stepped header design. Straight or stepped is a long running debate that I'm not qualified to comment on. Ultimately I chose Fuel Moto because their pipe is stainless. Instead of coating to further mitigate heat, You could also wrap the FM stainless pipe without the significant concern for base metal deterioration under the wrap. Any way you go, it's a gamble. Good luck.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:54 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I've got the Fullsac X-Pipe and it works well. It's ceramic coated and it works great keeping the heat down. The FuelMoto pipe is another great option with the added benefit of having both the old and new style O2 bungs. This gives you more options for tuning.

If you want to keep the 2-1 I'd seriously look at the Drago's Bike Works 2-1 pipe. Frank is a great guy and won't sell you what you don't need. Pipe is ceramic coated and muffler cores are his design. Great price as well.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All our pipes are ceramic coat inside and out 2ml thick on each side.
price $570.00
2 year warranty
We have 2 styles of 2 into 1 pipes
Super chargerd series
and black or chrome
1.3/4.
3.5 can and choice of baffles and tips 2.05,2.28.2.55.3.00 inch
support hp is 75 to 18o hp.

And

Dragula 3 step 2i nto 1 header that supports 120 hp 280 hp... with 3 inch baffle and our new 3,50 baffle with handle over 300 hp on this pipe. which will be ready in the middle of Feb..

Quick Reply: Headpipe Reviews