Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headpipe Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:12 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,167 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by sanlyn
I'll assume going to your headpipe would dramatically reduce the heat issue on the stock pipe with the cat. Do you have any tuning figures running your headpipe with one of the SE Nightstick (supertrapp) mufflers?
There are specific dyno charts at www.jackpotmufflers.com for all of our head pipes

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
easycruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The main benefit of the ceramic coating is for heat reduction. Heat is more pronounced on a steel pipe than on a stainless system, as stainless has much better thermal coefficient and will simply run cooler. On the other hand if you do not coat or plate a steel pipe it will immediately start to oxidize (rust). As far as performance, some have said that a ceramic coated pipe will scavenge better as it retains more heat in the exhaust stream. Of the testing we have done on the dyno with ceramic coatings over the years it is pretty inconclusive but in theory it should help. Our main reason for offering the ceramic coating is for the additional heat reduction and customers were requesting it, and the sterling silver HTC is absolutely stunning.
Jamie,
When will you start taking orders?

Dave

Old 01-20-2011, 04:11 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by easycruzer
Jamie,
When will you start taking orders?

Dave
We will now start accepting pre-orders and expect to start shipping the week of Feb 14th. We do not chart the order until it ships

Old 01-20-2011, 05:14 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

There are specific dyno charts at www.jackpotmufflers.com for all of our head pipes
I see the Jackpot 2/1 headpipe for 2010 Road Glide/Street Glide is backordered. Any eta? (the non-ceramic coated variety)

Last edited by sanlyn; 01-20-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We are coating our stainless steel pipes which already offer excellent heat dissipation. This will make for the ultimate combination for construction, durability and heat resistance.
Thanks for the explanation.

When they are finished in the next couple weeks we will publish specific test data.
This is what sets your company apart from all the others. When you make a statement, you back it up with facts. No empty promises and excuses.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 PM
rk10
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have received lots of useful info on this thread, I appreciate all the input!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by sanlyn
I see the Jackpot 2/1 headpipe for 2010 Road Glide/Street Glide is backordered. Any eta? (the non-ceramic coated variety)
We have Jackpot 2/1 head pipes in stock for immediate shipping for the 2010 SG/RG.

A note about our replacement 2/1 head pipe: Now that development is finished up on our complete Jackpot 2/1 system and we are getting ready for production I am planning on discontinuing the 2/1 head pipe. It is a great pipe and performs very well, however these pipes are extremely expensive to build and with 2010 being a one year run on factory 2/1 we would rather focus production and resources on our new 2/1 complete system as well as our 2/1/2 head pipes

Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey rk10, I see that some of the suggestions you received in this thread were for a 2-into-1 head pipe. I don't know if that's what you wanted to do... a '10 King has a stock 2-1-2 head pipe.

Personally, I like the looks of a pipe under each bag.
I am replacing the stock one on my '10 King with Vance & Hines Dresser Duals and my current SE mufflers. I ordered the new dual headers from Dennis Kirk for $353 shipped.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
crescentmotor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our ceramic coated stainless steel head pipes will start shipping in the next several weeks. This silver sterling HTC ceramic coating features 3 mil internal / 4 mil external coating an is a $99.00 option, and like the rest of our stainless head pipes will have a lifetime warranty.
Could not delete entire post but my question has been answered.

Last edited by crescentmotor; 01-20-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:55 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by crescentmotor
What is the advantage of the ceramic coating?
From one of my earlier posts in this thread.............

The main benefit of the ceramic coating is for heat reduction. Heat is more pronounced on a steel pipe than on a stainless system, as stainless has much better thermal coefficient and will simply run cooler. On the other hand if you do not coat or plate a steel pipe it will immediately start to oxidize (rust). As far as performance, some have said that a ceramic coated pipe will scavenge better as it retains more heat in the exhaust stream. Of the testing we have done on the dyno with ceramic coatings over the years it is pretty inconclusive but in theory it should help. Our main reason for offering the ceramic coating is for the additional heat reduction and customers were requesting it, and the sterling silver HTC is absolutely stunning.

Quick Reply: Headpipe Reviews