Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROADGEARŽ Hi-Tec Digital Tire Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I use the TPMS on my bike now. As previously stated you loose 2 or 3 lbs of air everytime you check your tires, not to mention you have to be a contorsionist and have hands the size of a squirrel's to actually get the gauge on the tire valve. This way I can see my tire pressure anytime and if there is a leak it will alarm me. Kind of on the expensive side but very convenient.

Attached Thumbnails -tpms.jpg  
Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the gauge, but yes checking the pressure on stock 09+ rims is a PITA. I installed the angled valve stems from motorcycleanchor.com, and they rock!

Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Robert_W
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I have been considering a tyre monitoring system. We have a new car with it on and it tells you when a tyre drops pressure below a pre-set level. Doesn't say which wheel it is, but puts off checking pressures until necessary. It also helps that by warning of a tyre pressure dropping, a puncture can be identified before it becomes a real problem.

There are after-market bike systems available and it has come up here on HDF in the past. So that is an alternative way of putting off the dreaded pressure check!
Originally Posted by Nute
I use the TPMS on my bike now. As previously stated you loose 2 or 3 lbs of air everytime you check your tires, not to mention you have to be a contorsionist and have hands the size of a squirrel's to actually get the gauge on the tire valve. This way I can see my tire pressure anytime and if there is a leak it will alarm me. Kind of on the expensive side but very convenient.
I was considering this, but it's a little on the expensive side. I don't know of any long term users. I was going to start another thread regarding this unit. And I still need an air pressure gauge to check the pressure if I need to add air to a low tire.

Thanks for all the feedback. With everyone's help I'll make a decision and post my opinion of the product(s).

Ride safe,

Bob.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm currently using a 90 degree adapter on the rear wheel. I have not noticed that it affects pressure readings. So far so good.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

I am using a Monkey Grip 4X4 gauge on my 09.
about $8 and Oreilly auto parts ( Checker, Schucks, Kragen).

analog, seems accurate, checked against digital gauges which can't be used on my front tire.

mike

Old 01-20-2011, 01:01 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Agree that checking the tire pressures is a PITA especially the rear tire.

Have the HD tire gauge

But still checking the pressure and adding air to the rear tire was a pain.

After looking at options here on the forum I ordered a EZ-Air gauge off Ebay for $20.00 shipped.

Makes quite a difference. Just hook it to the valve stem and you can check the pressure then add air very easily. Also with the pressure release button makes it great for if too much air is added.

Forgot to mention Made in the good ol USA with a Lifetime manufacturer warranty.

Last edited by SciFiGuy; 01-20-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:13 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

I bought that identical tire gauge, with a different name stamped on it, in a discount bin at the local auto parts store for $10. I suspect it is one of those things made in a factory in China someplace and different vendors just print their name on it. Works well and seems fairly accurate. For about $25 you should be able to find a 12v tire pump with built in digital gauge.

Last edited by fat_tony; 01-20-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:33 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_W
I have a question to those who have this tire pressure gauge.
http://www.roadgear.com/Accessories/...al_Tire_Gauge/

I have a cop bike with the same rims as a Street Glide. Checking the tire pressure is a real PITA. If you have this gauge does it make it easier to check the tire pressure? How accurate is it? I probably lose 2 to 3 pounds of air pressure every time I check my tires. It gets to the point I just don't want to check them. But, I do anyways. Real frustrated.

Thanks and ride safe,

Bob.
It says accurate to within + or - 1%, that is within half a pound, you won't get any closer than that. Looks like it would help, though I have never tried one of those. When you get new tires put a 90 degree valve stem on.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
gmurdock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just waited until I changed tires & installed angled valve stems makes life much easier. Got real tired of checking those stupid valve stems that HD puts on.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default here's a little something I made up for the valve stem issue

The gauge comes with a different chuck that won't work at all with the spoke wheels so I cut it off and installed this 'right angle' chuck. Had to grind down the sides a bit to make it fir around the spokes but sure makes adding and releasing air a whole lot easier.

Attached Thumbnails -airgauge-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: ROADGEARŽ Hi-Tec Digital Tire Gauge