Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have the NEW Motor Mount??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:58 PM
gliderman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have the NEW Motor Mount??

I just installed a new motor mount on my 06' SG that I got from Drag Catalog. Mount is much stiffer than the stock one which went bad within 6K miles. However, I now have increased vibration that kicks in about 1200-1500 RPM's but seems to smooth out after 2000 RPM's or so. Very noticable when downshifting and slowing down, shakes the fairing some. I decided against the new H-D mount because I heard complaints from people about more vibration with the new mount. Anyone have the new mount from H-D without any added vibration?? Is there a mount out there that does what it's supposed to do without adding vibration??

P.S. Yes, I installed the mount correctly. I have installed mounts before with no problems, so it's not an install problem........

Old 10-02-2006, 11:20 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,225 Likes on 1,841 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Have the NEW Motor Mount??

Try the Tru-track mount or the Velva. One is slightly better than the other I hear.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:58 AM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a new HD updated mount installed on my Roadking @ about 5k miles--I noticed a considerable vibration differance just off idle & around 1500rpm or so--the windsheild shake is very noticable, but the cruise is smoother--I will be trying a differant mount in the near future. I even tried dropping the idle down to lesson the shake,(carbed model) Seemded to help but stil notice the vibration change. Just another opinion. Have a great day all.

TOOLBOX

[IMG]local://upfiles/11196/82ACEE4888814E2DA9D008E27D2C6E7C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-03-2006, 01:17 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thinkin about putting back the broke one!!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:36 AM
gliderman
Road Captain

I talked to the True-Track guy about their mount. He does not recommend it for 88" or even 95" motors. Claims it's more for built motors 100" or over. Must be pretty solid. The Velva-ride mount might be an option but it is pricey at $100.........

Old 10-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

For what it's worth, the last shop put a new mount on my 93 Electra Glide. Lot's and lots of vibration over the way it was before. Most of it occurs around 1500-2500 then quits. Mirrors/floorboards/seat/etc. Seems to be diminishing slightly as I put more miles on it.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: gliderman

I just installed a new motor mount on my 06' SG that I got from Drag Catalog. Mount is much stiffer than the stock one which went bad within 6K miles. However, I now have increased vibration that kicks in about 1200-1500 RPM's but seems to smooth out after 2000 RPM's or so. Very noticable when downshifting and slowing down, shakes the fairing some. I decided against the new H-D mount because I heard complaints from people about more vibration with the new mount. Anyone have the new mount from H-D without any added vibration?? Is there a mount out there that does what it's supposed to do without adding vibration??

P.S. Yes, I installed the mount correctly. I have installed mounts before with no problems, so it's not an install problem........

I HAVE ALL THE SAME SYMPTON'S AS YOU BUT STILL HAVE THE OLD MOUNT . SAID THEY WOULD CHANGE AT NEXT SERVICE.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the new improved version from Harley that my dealer replaced under warranty about 500 miles ago. Bottom line, the vibration is about the same as it was with the old mount before it broke, but much better than the old mount after it broke.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just wondering, which motor mount is it? I keep breaking fairing brackets. I need to check the motor mounts, 06 EG.

Thanks,
Doug

Old 10-03-2006, 11:58 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

try just tightening the nut and bolt just hand tight. if you compress the mount too much the center bushing may bottom out causing the vibration to telegraph to the frame.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have the NEW Motor Mount??