Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumpers or No Bumpers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:41 PM
gravnov
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I`m in between: Fender rails -yes, rubbers - no.
Originally Posted by dansflhti
...Now i'm waiting for the MOCO to come out with a chrome filler piece for the rear bumper,then I'll remove the rubber piece on the rear.They used to have this filler piece for the pre-09 bikes.
I`m waiting, too - has the MOCO forgotten to produce them for 09 and later bikes?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,925 Likes on 19,371 Posts

Originally Posted by GEORGEW
This may be a Dumb Question ,, How do you get the Front Bumper off ,,Do you have to take the Tire off to do it,,Please help

Also what about the Back Bumper??
Ran into a post on this site about removing the front bumper. I'll try and find it for ya.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by GEORGEW
This may be a Dumb Question ,, How do you get the Front Bumper off ,,Do you have to take the Tire off to do it,,Please help

Also what about the Back Bumper??
Very easy to remove, no need to take off the wheel. Just use a ratcheting wrench to un bolt the 2 fender bolts that hold on the rails and 1 nut that secure the front part to the fender. will pull right off. - Put the fender bolts back on, and your done. took me 5-10 min to remove.

The rear one holds the lower part of the saddlebags, You need to buy a new bracket to replace that one or the bags will shake and wobble.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Less is more
On a Dresser, more is less, LOL.

Originally Posted by Whiskers
I dunno'...maybe its just me, but I like this look:

I agree!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:24 PM
mac1911
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Clean too. Took off front and rear bumpers and bag guards. Replaced front bag guard with Street Glide bag support. Looks long and sleek now.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 AM
JBHDUltraClassic
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to remove the front tire on my 2010. the two fender bolts on each side had locking keepers on them. there wasn't a good way to get to them without removing tire.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:12 AM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took the front one off,haven't found anything to replace the rear yet !!!
Looking for the rear one with the light in it !!!

Old 01-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it depends on the model. An Ultra with an Sg front looks too light compared to the remainder of the bike. But an Ultra with merely the bumper removed looks good. Depends on what look you want.

On my black bike I intentionally elected to keep it all on there as a part of the challenge to see if I could leave all the functional stuff on the bike and still have a black bike that wouldn't get lost in a crowd. Hell, I even added a few things. With selective powdercoating and chrome placement it doesn't look busy. Although I was going for beefy burly presence, balance was key for me.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:37 PM
KingCripps
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ddm502001
I have been considering replacement fenders on my RK, either SG style or Fatboy on the front and SG rear as I just want a change without buying another ride.
I just got a street glide fender and my rear fender back from my painter for the RK. I put the Road King emblems on the street glide fender, but it is "naked" other than that. I put the street glide facia on the rear fender and had all the holes filled (license plate bracket, antennae holes etc) and had it repainted. I can't wait to get it back on the bike with my new Agitator wheels!

Old 01-22-2011, 04:59 PM
chateau
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm waiting to get my tires put on the 9-spoke wheels I bought, so I took the bumpers off my EGC to clean them. Took the rubber inserts out to clean the chrome nerf bars that cradle them. Um, wonder what just the chrome bumper bars would look like on the bike. Very cool, I think I'm gonna run like that for a while anyway.

Quick Reply: Bumpers or No Bumpers?