Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVO Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO Roadglide

i went to the dealer yesterday and looked at a 2011 CVO Ultra Classic... there was a CVO glide sitting beside it..and damn the Glide looks better to me... even with the sharknose.. i have always had batwings in the fairing bikes i owned..almost ready to pull the trigger on it, but kind of afraid of buffering from the fairing because of the distance from the rider..anyone on here have a 11 CVO Glide and have any thoughts to share??

Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Ed Y
Advanced

Before spending that much $$$$, I'd recommend you rent a Roadglide somewhere and try it out yourself. You're gonna get a ton of different opinions here.

Personally, I've had both and prefer the RG. Only difference I notice on it is when riding in the rain. The RG lets more rain in. No big deal for me though.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

my friend has a 09 SE glide....i drove it around 10 miles after he bought it, not really enough time to get a feel for it, it seemed alright, the fixed fairing was a little strange....... seemed lighter to turn. and i was thinking there was a new design now in the 11...i could be wrong

Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Either way - check out the FIT & FINISH of the paint & chrome - I hear there are a LOT of issues with the 2011 CVO's paint, and who wants a new bike that has parts on back order .... because it was painted with mistakes ...

Old 01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The road glide thing, at least to me seems to be a bit polar...you either love them or you simply don't. I think they are sharp looking...but (and I know it is just me) I am not a fan of a fixed fairing. It's a personal thing.

They have a CVO 2 tone grey at the dealer I do business with and it's been there a month. They had (so far) 3 Street Glides and 2 Ultras and none of them really made it to the floor.

I have heard there are some issues with paint on the 11 CVO's and mine was fine in terms of finish however it had a small scratch on a part of the trim, and the dealer actually pointed it out to me and had the part ordered, and has since been replaced.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

Went from a 05 to the 2011 cvo road glide Buffeting is not a problem ! Now the 05 that took a little experimenting to get rid of the buffeting

Old 01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Old Bones
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Windshields will make a big difference, the short POS that came on the custom felt like someone was beating my ears with ping pong paddles. With the Klock Werks shield buffering is not bad for me. I never liked the way the air came up from under the bat wing on my Street Glide and straight up my chest. If nothing else the fixed fairing handles ten times better than the bat wing.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

After years of thinking my next bike would be an UC I have to admit the RG Ultra has won its favor for me. It is the shark nose that has finally grown on me and I think it is the best looking touring bike. Sorry but the only advice I can offer is try asking in the CVO section.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

09 CVO Roadie is my ultimate dream...Orange.
Don't care if nobody in the world likes it, its dayum GORGEOUS in my eyes.
Gonna have one of them one day.
Solo seat for runnin' local. Lowers and tourpac for cross country.

Beav

Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw a '11 Road Glide CVO Ultra at the dealer yesterday. $38K ,.........WOW !!

Quick Reply: CVO Roadglide