Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?

I bought a set of Kuryakyn Adjustable passenger pegs and installed them. It's winter here in wonderful Iowa, so haven't tried them. Wife has set on the bike and doesn't think she can reach them going down the road to adjust them.My question is does the rider or driver me, have to reach back and pull them up for the passenger. Is that the way it's done. Really doesn't say anything in the instructions. How's everyone else doing it. Also do they need to be up when your stopping? Looks like they might bother riders legs in the front position. Thanks

Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Marine Trader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had them for a while, the wife or I don't try to adjust them as we are moving down the road. They do not get in the way. Did you install them in the full down position to the back of the bike? It would be a simple mistake to have the left on the right and the right on the left since they are not marked.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:03 AM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We just leave them up unless I am riding solo. I did place a zip tie to dog the slide bolt lock mechinisim. This allows for them to be moved whit one had or a foot. It also garantees that if my feet get tangled up then they will break away to the rear of the bike. It works just fine this way.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My bike had them on when I bought it, and the wife really dosen't like them. Said they make her legs go to sleep..I have ridden with them all the way forward and they do get in my way at stops. I like others wouldn't recommend trying to adjust them while riding.

Joe

Old 01-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Bodean46
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife rode behind me with them and without and says it's the best mod i've done so far. Don't adjust them while riding, may create more problems. She leave hers in the up position and just lays her legs across them while my feet are on highway pegs or she can place her feet on them to bend her knees more or just put her feet on the stock passenger boards

Old 01-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks guys

Old 01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodean46
My wife rode behind me with them and without and says it's the best mod i've done so far. Don't adjust them while riding, may create more problems. She leave hers in the up position and just lays her legs across them while my feet are on highway pegs or she can place her feet on them to bend her knees more or just put her feet on the stock passenger boards
+1, one of the first mods I was asked to do. Wife loves them, we can both stretch out our legs going down the road. We don't adjust them on the road.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:39 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

My wife only uses them in the highest position. They are all the way down to the rear when I am solo and she sets them all the way up before she gets on. We've never tried adjusting them while moving.

The pegs themselves don't get in my way while we are stopped, but if her feet are on the pegs, the toes of her boots will rub the backs of my calves. It took her a bit, but she has learned that when I am stopping, she should move her feet back to the boards.

My only complaint on this mod is the bolt that runs throught the arm keeps loosening up. I put more locktite on them near the end of last season, I hope that does it.

Dennis

Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I've been thinking of getting these.Sounds like
they could come in handy for mama.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:01 PM
brogers
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had them for a few years and the only trouble I have had is I have had the bolt that holds the floor board braket to the frame break . Harley blames it on Kuryakyn because the bolt is supporting to much weight and Kuryakyn blames it on Harley. The new bikes 09 on up now have two bolts there instead of one

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs?