Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cycle lifts

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:54 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Handy was "the name" in lift tables a few years ago, they have had some business changes and last I heard they are still in business but back ordered.

I have a lift table from Complete Hydraulics and like it very much.
Just recently I saw the K&L lift with drop outs at both ends. Looks like a nice feature.

Whichever you choose, get the side extensions if you have room.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:04 AM
lazyace13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto on the PIT BULL!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a lift table from Harbor Freight. Cost less than 300 bucks and lifts 1200 pounds. I was gonna spend around 1000 on a good lift until i saw a vendor at daytona bike week using these lifts. He had 5 and said they would last him about 3 years. He used them EVERY day. I figured one should last me about 20 years at that rate. I use it more often than i thought i would and havent regretted the purchase at all.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Bike lift or jack ?

I asked the same couple of weeks ago & got several good replies. #1- lift, wheels will be stationary & hinder cleaning wheels & tires and solid surface might limit access to bottom of bike. #2- jack, wheels will be free rotation & open frame to bottom of bike. Once I figgured out I wanted a jack, the folks here offered several sources, I have dealt with HF two times and never again. I searched J&S jacks, watched their video, & ordered their jack & oil drain tray. It was packaged as if it were going around the world on the back of a mule. I have never seen a shipment so well protected. I am pleased with their service & product!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:15 PM
roadking2005sg
Advanced

I have a Handy lift table,i love it.Yes they are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.I bought the table,jack,side extention kit for around $1200. This thing works great,looking to buy another one to use in a wash bay im thinking about adding to my home shop.

Attached Thumbnails cycle lifts-582.jpg   cycle lifts-bike.jpg  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by speedwaysteve
look to purchase a bike lift for my street glide,does anyone have any feed back on ones aviable,like ease of use for 1 person,size,and accessorys.also where they purchased it from.
do a google on motorcycle lifts....I bought mine from Sears a few years ago,it was on sale and shipped to the local store so there wasn't any freight charge

Old 01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by roadking2005sg
I have a Handy lift table,i love it.Yes they are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.I bought the table,jack,side extention kit for around $1200. This thing works great,looking to buy another one to use in a wash bay im thinking about adding to my home shop.
wash my bike for me man?

Old 01-17-2011, 06:32 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,748 Likes on 22,732 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I have the regular HF floor jack. When they came out with the high lift I got it.

It is easy to clean wheels and removal. I like that when sitting in my little mechanics chair, I am at the right height to work on everything and scoot around.

The only draw back is it can't be moved around when a bike is on it like the regular floor jack.

Here is a picture of it when I did the 5K on the Ultra this summer.

And one just after I put it together. I got it on sale for $120 at HF

That looks great!! Do you have to strap your bike down then, or is it fairly secure as it sits? Got any more pics?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did a complete cam install, header and pipe replacement and intake on my J&S WITHOUT having the bike strapped down at all. All that wrenching and the bike was stable and easy to reach all the parts I needed to get to. An excellent investment.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 AM
K00LJerk
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bike jacks:
Pros small garage footprint, does an adequate job, most come with safety straps, access to wheels
Cons heavy bikes kinda iffy, oil drains not easily accessed, high end lifts close in price to cheaper table lifts
bike lifts (table)
Pros easy access to oil drains, more confidant with larger bikes, less movement wrenching
Cons Fairing bikes hard to align to wheel chock due to blocked vision, very heavy 350lbs and up, large garage foot print, precarious loading unless you pay for table extensions, must use an additional jack to work on wheels

Last edited by K00LJerk; 01-18-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: cycle lifts