Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the difference

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Pittsburghglide2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the difference

Just curious what the difference between the two heads are ....how will one perform compared to another .......

Stage 3 Street Elite Hi-Output
If you are looking for a proven combination that is the "Top of it's Class" then the Street Elite is for you. This package steps your performance up to a level that makes the numbers you want for on the street or at the strip. TR provides his legendary head porting and completes the heads with race performance valve springs and valves. You will not find a higher flowing head in it's class..

Before any valve work is performed, the heads are prepared with new over-size intake to ensure proper stability for larger valve installation. These heads features 1.940 " Intake with 1.615" exhaust. Intake cut with TR's legendary 5 custom angle valve seat and includes his custom multi-angle Exhaust cut with TR's Bee-Hive springs*. All of this attention to detail provides optimal flow for outstanding street performance.

Valve geometry is correct to insure longevity and quietness of valve train. Custom valve springs and valves made to TR's specs to insure a trouble free running high performance engine.

This is a fully CNC ported head and chamber with final finishing done by hand to optimize performance from these stock head castings.

This is our most popular head, proven time after time in high performance street installations. This head is optimized for high lift cams and higher compression builds..to deliver truly outstanding performance.
  • <LI class=picturecomments>This head features a 1.800" inlet for maximum performance when using an aftermarket TB.
  • Price includes manual compression releases including machining and installation
*TR's New Bee-Hive springs eliminate the need to relieve the bottom rocker boxes. This head accommodates cam lifts to .650"
This head is designed for a TDC of .233" intake and .220" exhaust. Heads can accommodate higher TDC lifts upon request at no additional charge.

AND

S&S Stage 3 Ported heads

T-Man Performance offers complete CNC machined heads for all 96" to 124" S&S heads. These heads feature fully CNC ported and machined chambers, hand finished to provide maximum flows.

This head features 2.020" intake with a 1.610" exhaust. These valves use TR's custom 5 angle seat cut and his multi-angle exhaust to provide the ultimate in performance.
*TR's dual spring pack accommodates cam lifts to .675".
This head is designed for a TDC of .235" intake and .212" exhaust. Heads can accommodate higher TDC lifts upon request at no additional charge.

OR

S&S Stage 4 Ported heads
T-Man Performance offers complete CNC machined heads for all 96" to 124" S&S heads. These heads feature fully CNC ported and machined chambers, hand finished to provide maximum flows.

Before any valve work is performed, the heads are prepared with new over-size intake and exhaust valve seats to ensure proper stability for larger valve installations. This head features 2.130" intake with a 1.630" exhaust. These valves use TR's custom 5 angle seat cut and his multi-angle exhaust to provide the ultimate in performance.
  • Head gaskets are available for your bore applications
*TR's dual spring pack accommodates cam lifts to .675".

This head is designed for a TDC of .235" intake and .212" exhaust. Heads can accommodate higher TDC lifts upon request at no additional charge.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:47 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsburghglide2010
Just curious what the difference between the two heads are ....how will one perform compared to another .......
Dont really no the diff but you would certainly want them to match all of the other engine componets.
I had some head work done to my '06 by a local builder.All I know is the heads were worked to match everything else or visa versa.

Last edited by 1flhtk4me; 01-16-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Pittsburghglide2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one thing I do know about them is the pistons need to match the heads and the bore needs to match the pistons. As for all three of those heads I posted will work with a 96 bored to 103, but the rest im lost what the difference is between them ....

Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I see 3 different heads listed, with the valve sizes getting progressivley bigger.

I don't know what you are building, but it better be an monster if you go with anything bigger than the valves in Heads #1