Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:29 AM
mrbluffo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Power Duals

Thinking of getting a set of Power duals, but just wondering what happens to the flapper valve on the exhaust just before entering the Mufflers?

Old 01-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed thier dresser duals, and there is nothing but air straight through the pipes. I am not comfortable with any valve in the path of exhaust gases. Just one more place for gunk to mess up performance. But powerduals do post up good numbers.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:46 PM
mrbluffo
Advanced

So did you remove the flap and mechanism?

Old 01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

Don't have the flapper valve you mention on bikes in the US that I am aware of. We have the catalyst though... I have the power duals. Very nice exhaust setup. Just follow the directions in regards to installing the exhaust shields prior to installing the exhaust on the bike.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JollyRogers
Don't have the flapper valve you mention on bikes in the US that I am aware of. We have the catalyst though... I have the power duals. Very nice exhaust setup. Just follow the directions in regards to installing the exhaust shields prior to installing the exhaust on the bike.
Ditto on the shields. I didn't and now two clips aren't on. The clips the send are way small to adjust otherwise. I threw one damn clamp across the garage from that I tried on the left cross over pipe. I will now strip an a larger strap from the stock pipe and make in all good.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:01 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a set of power duals and for the life of do not know what your talking about.

Flapper Valves?

Old 01-16-2011, 02:54 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the OP showing location as England, I take it there is some emissions stuff over seas that we do not have here in the states. Only flapper valve I have is the one in the toilet bowl tank, LOL.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Cruiser

There is nothing in the Power Dual headers. I agree, follow the instructions carefully. I would suggest getting a replacement set of stock exhaust port gaskets. They are a better fit than the ones V&H sends you, and they are more forgiving than the SE version.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:40 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Flub the flapper

Originally Posted by mrbluffo
Thinking of getting a set of Power duals, but just wondering what happens to the flapper valve on the exhaust just before entering the Mufflers?
The flapper valve is not used in the US version of the Powerduals. Not sure if V&H offers an international version to retain your emissions flapper valve. Also not sure if your legal authorities would approve your exhaust, if there is a periodic inspection check. The Powerduals make a few more HP and TQ over stock, and reduce some heat as well. Good luck...

Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

He has the "active" exhaust valve on his International model. Similar device on the injection.

Last edited by nvsteve; 01-16-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: V&H Power Duals