Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

review of Danny Gray Solo Big Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:36 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this post could not have been better timed!!!! I just called the Danny Grey folks last week to talk aobut having a Big Seat customized. I wasn't sure if it is really what I wanted and it is going to cost some $$ but after your post I think it is exactly what I am looking for, thanks for the great post!

Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 PM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Pork Chop,

It does have a premium cost, however it also is premium quality, and as i posted before at times when i read an opinion on a forum i sometimes get the feeling that comments are made to help in the cost justification. thats why i put the opinions of all three seats.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:47 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm with the other guy who mentioned that the reviews on products is very valuable to us. i know that before i spend money on something, i read everything i can find out about it. i'm looking forward to getting the danny gray big seat also. stock harley seats suck.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:39 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone have problems with installation or fitment and anyone with backrest; likes or dislikes, i think for such a great looking seat the backrest appearance from the back could be improved on

Old 02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had problems with the backrest. The keeper pin fell off. Apparently a bad weld. DG fixed it no problem. Then one of the welds on the bracket broke, again DG fixed it. They, I was told, have since changed to a different vendor for the brackets. And changed the design if the keeper pin. The new pin will be a clunky looking bolt. Not very aesthetic, but functional. It's a good thing my office is not far from their shop, or I'd have wasted a lot of time waiting for UPS. They were real good about it, fixed each time while I waited.

Last edited by IAMSWUTIAMS; 02-11-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:42 PM
RJsHD
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree that the Danny Gray seat is a awesome ride. Took about 600 miles for my seat to fit my rear. I tried the Mustang and it was great but it did not have that look I was going for. The price was well worth the style and feel I wanted. Great choice, yoru ride looks sweet.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:27 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
O had problems with the backrest. The keeper pin fell off. Apparently a bad weld. DG fixed it no problem. Then one of the welds on the bracket broke, again DG fixed it. They, I was told, have since changed to a different vendor for the brackets. And changed the design if the keeper pin. The new pin will be a clunky looking bolt. Not very aesthetic, but functional. It's a good thing my office is not far from their shop, or I'd have wasted a lot of time waiting for UPS. They were real good about it, fixed each time while I waited.
definately hope that's been resolved, glad i don't live near them though, if i could walk in the shop and see all that they really can do... there is no telling how much i may have spent

Old 02-08-2011, 08:01 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,353 Likes on 2,533 Posts

once you decide which danny gray seat you want, if you are not having it customized, get the drag spec number from them and order it through zanotti's for discount. the speed cradle is running 219.00 right now, a year ago, i bought mine for less than 200.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The seat and the bike look great. Real good write up too.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:54 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hated the ridge in the middle of the DG so I had to have it shaved. You can order direct fr. them and they will make it without.

Quick Reply: review of Danny Gray Solo Big Seat