Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:04 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just found out about custom dynamics. They make all sorts of LED solutions. I have a Street Glide and I was getting set to mount a light bar for extra lights but didn't want to clutter up the front of the bike. These folks make an LED set that fits in the turnsignal housing that act as running lights while driving but then flash as turn signals when turning.

This link shows the system I'm talking about . Scroll half way down and watch the 10 second video that shows them working at night http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...gnal_retro.htm

These guys have all sorts of lighting solutions, including the Kuryakin discussed earlier

http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...ts_catalog.htm

Old 01-15-2011, 07:38 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,741 Likes on 11,534 Posts

Originally Posted by knewt5
I just found out about custom dynamics. They make all sorts of LED solutions. I have a Street Glide and I was getting set to mount a light bar for extra lights but didn't want to clutter up the front of the bike. These folks make an LED set that fits in the turnsignal housing that act as running lights while driving but then flash as turn signals when turning.

This link shows the system I'm talking about . Scroll half way down and watch the 10 second video that shows them working at night http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...gnal_retro.htm

These guys have all sorts of lighting solutions, including the Kuryakin discussed earlier

http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...ts_catalog.htm
May just have to give these folks a call......
Thanks for the link

Old 01-15-2011, 08:55 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my Moto Lights!

Old 01-15-2011, 09:35 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
Love my Moto Lights!

What headlights are you using?

Old 01-15-2011, 09:48 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the Kury lights on my 07 and moved them over to my 11. I think they look great and work great plus there are no visible wires. Simple, clean install. However, you do need to remove the outer fairing which can be a PITA the first time but gets easier each time.

Here's a couple pics of mine . . . and you can see them in my video too.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:05 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by marvincbr
What headlights are you using?

PIAA Super Plasma

Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
PIAA Super Plasma
Do you still have stock reflectors/housings or did you go with something new? I've seen some stuff on the Hella E code. I really like the Kury lights and the Moto ones, and now REALLY like the new LED headlights coming out(haven't seen any in a RG yet) Going to get awfully expensive for me I'm thinking....

Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Jebster
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ybnorml
I like the looks and design of your driving lights.....and am considering
these for my R/G....
Does the brightness of the driving lights interfere with the effectiveness
of the directional lights ??

I guess what I'm concerned about is the driving lights 'outshining' the
directional lights.......and oncoming traffic not seeing the directionals working.
They don't over ride the turn signals. Just remember. These are Not Driving Lights. They are more like Fog Lights. They make a pool of light in front of the bike. (Plus they are bright for those Cages that come up behind you with the blinding light. When they pass, You can sit behind them and light up the car.) I have found that they add a lot of light when there is total darkness. The light pool is close to the front when you are riding on city streets with the Street lights illuminating the roadway.

Plus it makes you more visible at a distance without being one of those that blind the oncoming traffic.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by marvincbr
Do you still have stock reflectors/housings or did you go with something new? I've seen some stuff on the Hella E code. I really like the Kury lights and the Moto ones, and now REALLY like the new LED headlights coming out(haven't seen any in a RG yet) Going to get awfully expensive for me I'm thinking....
Yes everything is stock, just replaced the bulbs with PIAA Super Plasma, lots more light and a great purplish color that I am told grabs others attention.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Lighting